Lost 1.11: "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues"

Last new episode this year :frowning: (at least that is waht they said on ET)
The people in charge said that Charlie was the only one who not be killed off (because he brings in LOTR folks I guess) so if he died, we’d have the bigwigs in a direct lie.

Speaking of LOTR, notice how in both the captured people drop items for the heros to follow?

At first I thought Locke + Boone found an ammo box, but is it a door to somewhere?

Brian

He already led them to a paradise. Revelation speaks of the river of water of life. After they went through hell (plane crash, first few days on beach…) And, he has his disciples with him. Charlie, Kate, Hurly, Saayid… Which one will end up as Judas?

Danielle had mentioned that she broadcast from somewhere else, maybe Boone and Locke found her other location. It looked like the cover of an underground shelter to me.

What Boone and Locke found:*

A box? A door? Either way, it’s sure to be trouble.

*by ACCIDENT! Walt’s luck controlling it?

I wish they would have shown us how big the steel plate was, we only saw a small portion. I do think its a bunker of sorts.
I can’t believe Charlie wasn’t forthcoming with information. " I didn’t see anything, I don’t remember anything" Then he mentions " they " - so I think he knows more than he is telling.

Charlie is very different after his ordeal and says he doesn’t remember anything. Explanations?

1- Still in shock, what with being dead and beaten back to life and all.

2- Coerced into saying he remembers nothing under threat to Claire’s life.

3- He, like Locke, is now changed by something he’s seen on the island. If he keeps acting strange and distant in the next episodes, maybe he’s “seen into the heart of the island and it is wonderful.” (Or whatever Locke said that other time) Well, maybe not wonderful, but something with such impact that he’s now a different person.

4- That crazy island virus that leads Frenchwomen to kill their research teams.
Off topic - I liked Hurley’s comment about being “something of a hero” back home. Wonder what he meant?

Ooooh!! Oooohh!! If it contains twenty thousand dollars, it’s definitely the kid who led them to it! :smiley:

Hero? I thought he said hunter.

Hurley actually used the word “warrior”. I immediately though RPG. Don’t ask me why.

Charlie’s gotta be thinking, "I was hanged, why does my chest hurt so much?

Bamf!

Did anyone else have visions of Prince Humperdink when Locke started tracking them?

<shrug>

Well? Has anyone been able to re-watch the part with the husband of the woman who died in surgery? Is it Ethan? Or was I just seeing things? Or maybe Jack was seeing Ethan kind of superimposed on his memory of the situation…?

I mean, if it is Ethan, then it kind of gives him a twisted motivation for taking Calire and her as-yet unborn baby, seeing as how he lost a wife who was pregnant and all…

Well, oxygen deprived brain. He may just not quite have all the bits and pieces fitted together anymore – y’know. Like getting whacked in the head, the longer your out, the more difficutly you have remembering the bits leading up to your head injury,

No, Charlie can’t be a brain-eater. Not our little, rock-'n-roll hobbit Charile!

No, Charlie can’t be a brain-eater. Not our little, rock-'n-roll hobbit Charile!

Dude, he won all the drinking games. (Hence the nickname based on hurling.) I mean, c’mon, you try out drinking him!

I don’t think the bereaved husband was supposed to be Ethan. That scene was just about Jack seeing his father manipulating the husband into not suing in the same way he manipulated Jack into signing the statement about the surgery, and realizing that he had been played.

By the way, did I hear right that Jack’s father’s first name was “Christian”??? I think one of the suits at the hearing called him that.

You know who I realized looks like Ethan? Locke.

I heard all the Dopers SCREAM when they found Charlie. I mean it, I heard the scream. :smiley:
Questions:
Ok so why did Jack change his story to the M and M Board when he found out the woman was pregnant?

What is the double meaning of the title?

In two weeks is the show going to be back on schedule? Or is it going to be preempted for some Christmasy stuff? Anyone know?

The woman’s husband wasn’t Ethan. I looked closely, not because I thought he might be Ethan, but because I thought he might be the guy who played Burt Ward in that dumb Batman reunion movie last year. He wasn’t either one of them.

For a minute there I thought Abrams was gutsy enough to pull a Joss and kill off one of his main characters. It would’ve been easy, too: no opening credit sequence to re-edit.

I will note, that however much we’ve learned about Claire, she IS only billed as a guest-star on the show…

eenerms, I think Jack came clean at that point because he realized the magnitude of his father’s mistake. Two lives, not one, were lost to his father’s drinking.

I definitely think the metal was a door. I think “they” live underground. . .

I think so too Marconi. BTW is the guy who plays Ethan (William Mapother) the same guy who is Tom Cruise’s cousin?

[spoiler]According to an interview with Emilie de Ravin:
Returning to “Lost,” some fans fear that Claire isn’t long for this world. The IMDB doesn’t list de Ravin as a series regular, and that ominous title “Raised by Another” has some worrying that Claire may die giving birth. The actress welcomes the conspiracy theories, but says that the theorists are barking up the wrong tree.

“That’s not it, but the title is interesting,” de Ravin says. “I am a regular on ‘Lost.’ I think it’s great that people are so worried. It ups the excitement about what’s going to happen, and it means that people care about the character, which is what you want to hear when you’re playing a role.”[/spoiler]