Lost 3.16: "One of Us"

I think it’d be interesting to go this way–that she sets out following Ben’s orders, but can’t go through with the con because she trusts Jack or finds new loyalty with the Losties.

So then either she tells the Losties, and Jack is all betrayed and the rest trust her even less, or scrambles to foil the Others’ plan and keep her involvement a secret. It could be a good test of her character.

Vincent’s not innocent.

looks to the left

looks to the right

whispers He knows things.

nods

Or some dumbass could kill her before she says anything revealing. :wink:

That dude who plays Ben…he’s a really awesome actor.

Is anyone else finding themselves…liking him?

Um … yeah, I actually thought he was kinda cute in the glasses.
[sub]Now I feel dirty[/sub]

My wife said the following.

Apparently it’s quite recent. Ben Linus said he was born on the island.

If that’s the truth, then this birth problem is very recent.

Her and Kate, yeah. If you watched carefully, you could see Kate have a reaction to Juliet telling Jack how pregnant women were dying. Has it occurred to anyone that the Others allowed Sawyer and Kate to get it on for a reason? Kate’s pregnancy will surely come into play later on.

Sun didn’t get sick because they didn’t kidnap her. Claire’s symptomatic breakdown was intentionally engineered by them to occur when it did.

He could have been the last before Alex. And his mother may not have survived.

Right. We forgot about Alex.

So perhaps they have saved some children, but lost the mothers?

Or Rousseau was far enough along in her pregnancy/not drinking the Other water/ sufficient distance from the Big Fraking magnet so it didn’t make her sick.

So, when do they start trying to breed Alex like a zoo panda?

Maybe. It’s clear to me that the Others have lost their way somehow. “I’m in a wheelchair and you’re not” and so forth. Something is spiritually out of whack for them, and the island is reacting to that. Preventing childbirth, withholding it’s regenerative abilities, sending forth the smoke monster, things like that.

So the island brought a bunch of folks to set things right.

Jin is there to set right their fish deficit and clean the guns.

Are you just assuming Kate’s going to end up pregnant after the Polar Bear Cage Romp? Or did I miss something? I don’t recall any such announcement on the show, or Kate taking a pregnancy test or anything…

Yes, but if Juliet’s original story is to be believed (and the flashbacks seem to confirm this), the pregnant women were dying of their own accord on the island. And according to Juliet, the kidnapping of Claire and administering of the drugs saved her from dying of whatever it was originally. (And then of course, they put an implant in her that could be activated later on, to manifest dangerous symptoms, according to the last Ben/Juliet scene).

But presumably, without the original intervention by Ethan, Claire would have died on her own, just from being pregnant and on the island. So wouldn’t Sun be in danger of the same thing?

Unless Juliet was lying, and the deadly whatsywhosit was only affecting women who actually conceived on the island (which Claire didn’t). There was a flashback comment about something happening right away at conception, after the pregnant woman died in the flashback.

Vincent is probably… Jacob!

aka The Dogfather.

“Some day - and that day may never come - I’m going to ask you to bring me a Milk-Bone. But until that day…”

Well, I know that next week’s episode is going to be good. Every time I hear the Requiem For a Dream soundtrack in a preview, I know it’s going to be good.

What’s this about Kate being pregnant?

-FrL-

Wow. That was a phenomenal episode-- I’d say the best one of the season. Phenomenal. More details later when I’m sober.

That’s who I thought of when they were talking about the mothers’ problem.

I could never bring myself to trust Juliet, and sure enough…

Does next week’s ep. show anything of Penny, Desmond’s lover?

There is a brief shot of the photo of Penny and Desmond in the scenes from upcoming episodes.

Also from the scenes:

[spoiler]They also showed the cover of a book called Ardil-22–apparently Catch-22 in Portuguese.

Plus, Sawyer is gonna whack Locke on the head with a rock![/spoiler]

Was the spoilered part in the scenes from next week, or in the scenes from the rest of the season?

-FrL-