Mack the Knife lyrics interpretation, please

‘ins’ should be ‘im’ there; missed the edit window.

I guess you win, since you have non american lyrics.

I’d always assumed that “Mackie” was the nickname, “Macheath” was his full first name.

Macheath Messer, aka Mackie.

But I could be wrong.

Then what did you mean here?

What pop standards, other than “Mack the Knife,” are you referring to?

What the fuck? Are you people so bent on drumimng me out thaat you’re using a pop song, , taken from a show tune aaand think I don’t know the song? Guess again.

And guess whaat? I still likr the Lady GaGa song.

Your statement was just confusing and so far it still is. You said MacHeath is mentioned in a lot of standards, which would normally mean he’s mentioned in a lot of songs, but it sounds like you mean something different. I don’t know what the something different is, though, and neither did Eyebrows 0f Doom.

ETA: Standards means “pop songs,” Abby_Emma_Sasha. Usually it means well known ones. You’re using it to mean something else but nobody knows what you mean. Or what Lady Gaga has to do with this.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I know what I mean and I think others do too, unless they want to kiss your ass. I copied a lyric from a song, I have no idea what your problem is.

Abby, it’s my OP so I get to chime in. I have no grudges or axes to grind or asses to kiss, but I have no idea what you’re talking about, either.

I don’t have a problem with you, Abby_Emma_Sasha, but I’m trying to understand what you are saying. We’re all agreed the name MacHeath is mentioned multiple times in “Mack the Knife.” I don’t know what you meant when you said the name is mentioned in multiple standards.

Traditionally, “classic” popular songs are called standards. So it sounds like you were saying he’s mentioned in all classic popular songs. I think you meant he’s mentioned in every version of *this *song that you’ve heard. But I could be wrong.

I have no idea what the other posters have against me, and I hope you can get the OP back on track.

Alright, let’s get back on track then.

This one time, in band class…I had a brief solo on the timpani that consisted of four measures in which I had to go from *ppp *(as soft as possible) to *fff *(as loud as possible).

Throughout rehearsals I had the toughest time getting the crescendo to time out just right, that is not rushing it or hitting it too slow or any other manner of goofing it up. It’s tough to evenly pace a steady, even increase in volume but I have always felt the studio version of **Bobby Darrin’s ** MtK represents the perfect crescendo from beginning to end.

Give it a listen here and I’m sure you’d agree.

Abby_Emma_Sasha, aren’t you that person who didn’t know what the term “cream cheese” meant? You either have a strange grasp of the English language, or are just extremely poor at getting across what it is you think you are saying.
And can anyone else please answer what Lady Gaga has to do with this song? Did she do a cover version or something?

Creamed cheeese.

I guess it’;s too late to edit but Lady GaGa means she’s more intelligent than half the people here. Maybe she might do a cover of Mack The Knife.

:rolleyes:

???

Your posts in this thread border on the surreal.

I give up. Abby_Emma_Sasha, consider this a formal warning: stop hijacking this thread.

It was entertaining while it lasted.