Mafia: Simpletown

In, please :slight_smile:

I know, I know. I’ve watched a few of these. But due to unexpected circumstances :smack: , I won’t be able to register until April 1st/2nd (i.e. payday). Will that work?

the (potential) list:
Blaster Master
fluiddruid
NAF1138
bufftabby
HazelNutCoffee
IceCreamMan
zuma
pedescribe
WF Tomba
RyJae
Koldanar
MindWanderer
Queen of Town
MadTheSwine
Nanook of the North Shore
ShadowFacts

sub list:
RoOsh
MHaye

hoverers:
Pleonast

That’s 16 signed up so far; but don’t worry if you still want to play, sign up. I’m going to allocate spaces by lottery. I’m sure another game will start up soon for those who escape.
I’ll close signups Friday at 2PM.

The game will start sometime over the weekend, with the first Day ending on Thursday Afternoon (4 PM EDT).

I’ll hover, add me to that part of the list.

I’ll sign up.

I hope you aren’t closely guarding your low post count. :smiley:
I’m going to sit this one out so I can concentrate on BatMafia. I’ll be watching though.

sachertorte, if you get enough players - which it seems like you will - push me to sub in favor of a first-timer before you do the lottery. I can wait for USCDiver’s game.

After seeing that guy with 14 posts and a sign up date in 99, I’ve given up on holding the lurker title. My post count is free for ravaging.

You can add me to the sub list.

I’ve been an awful sub, as there just doesn’t seem to be enough latent guilt driving me to stay current with the game as there is when I’m actually playing. Then there’s the whole selfish thing… So I will attempt to watch with interest and this will be my chance to prove to myself, to everyone, and to Og herself, that I can indeed avidly read a game I’m not playing in. :smiley:

I want to mention that if there is a new player who wants to sign up I would rather them take my place than lose to me in the lottery.

Ooh! Sign me up to hover!

What’s hovering?

Seriously. Guy’s gone 8 years with less than 300 posts. When he posts now, somebody pays attention. It’s like the Silent Bob thing.
A game of Mafia later, he’ll be sitting well over a thousand, and be viewed as just any other chump.

I’ll take a chance on the lottery.

Phsaw, Mafia has brought out other lurkers before :surrepticiously glances at post count:

the (potential) list:
Blaster Master
bufftabby
IceCreamMan
zuma
pedescribe
WF Tomba
Koldanar
MindWanderer
Queen of Town
MadTheSwine
Nanook of the North Shore
ShadowFacts
Menocchio
peekercpa

veteran lottery:
fluiddruid
NAF1138
HazelNutCoffee

sub list:
RoOsh
RyJae
MHaye
Drain Bead

hoverers:
Pleonast
USCDiver
Hockey Monkey
ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies
Diomedes

If you still want to play, sign up. I’m going to allocate spaces by lottery. I’m sure another game will start up soon for those who escape.
I’ll close signups Today at 2PM EDT.

The game will start sometime over the weekend, with the first Day ending on Thursday Afternoon (4 PM EDT).

The game will operate on a weekly schedule. Days will start at some semi-arbitrary point during the weekend; ideally Saturday Afternoon (4PM EDT), but no later than Sunday Morning. Days will end at precisely on Thursdays at 4:00 PM EDT by the SDMB clock. Board outages will not change the end of Day; plan carefully. All votes must have a time stamp of Thursday, 3:59 PM EDT or earlier. Posts and votes with time stamps Thursday, 4:00PM EDT or later will be ignored.

Night instructions are due by Saturday 4:00PM EDT by SDMB clock.
Failure to meet the deadline will result in no action.

Vote LikeThis
Votes must be in bold blue, on a single line, by itself. Please don’t play hide the vote from the moderator. Everyone will be happier with accurate vote counts. (For strict interpretation, any vote in blue will be considered an intended vote. Bold, single line, by itself is a moderator request, not a requirement)

Unvote LikeThis
Unvotes are to be made in bold red, on a single line, by itself.

Messages to the moderator should be in bold green, on a single line.
The moderator encourages questions to the moderator to be sent via PM.

Lynches will be by plurality. The leading vote-getter at 4:00PM EDT on Thursday will die.
Ties are bad. Don’t do them.
Ties will be resolved by random lynch of the tied vote-getters.
A No Lynch will occur if an uncontested plurality of votes accumulates for No Lynch. A tie with No Lynch will result in someone getting lynched as if the No Lynch votes didn’t exist at all.

Substitutions/Removal:
I will allow substitutions up through the Dawn of Day Four. Past Day Four’s Dawn, missing players will be removed from the game with no public indication of role or alignment. Substitutions may happen at anytime. Removals will occur at Dusk.

Prodding:
The moderator will not prod anyone. Failure to participate will result in substitution/removal. A minimum of four substantive (non-fluff) posts is required per day to maintain standing in Simpletown. Less than that and people will forget you are part of the town (Substitution/Removal).

Win Condition:
Individual win conditions will not change during the course of the game. Your team wins when all threats to your team are neutralized.

Closed Setup:
An inventory of roles will not be published.
The standard Town role PM will be public information.

Stuff you should already know:

• Game related communication outside the game thread is forbidden, except for scum who may communicate at Night and only at Night.
  • Be nice.
  • Only living players may post game relevant discussion to the game thread.

(Did I miss anything?)

What are your rules for quoting mod PMs?

Quoting the moderator loses style points, but is not specifically outlawed.

Is this a recruitment game? Or is that part of the closed “none of bufftabby’s damn business” setup? :smiley: