Malapropogation: Voyager

I don’t want to be the one to burst your bubble, but Ms. Huffman herself would be the first to tell you that felicity is a quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties.

Kunilou, sweetie pie, honey chile – I love you like kin, but you’re dumb as a box of rocks. And I mean that in the nicest possible way! :wink:

Ethnicity is that airy-fairy quality often ascribed to music and such.

Airy-fairy she may be: I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure that Etherial is one of us Dopers!

She may be a Doper but Kytheria got her user name from a type of dining establishment where the food is displayed on a counter and patrons serve themselves.

And, by the way, Kunilou is a guy.

Well, there may be such dining establishments there, but they probably serve a lot of guacamole, because

Cafeteria

is the town near Santa Barbara which hosts the California Avocado Festival every October.

Stay away from the guacamole! Carpenteria are those ubiquitos unincelluar organisms, typically a few micrometers in length, that have a wide range of shapes, ranging from spheres to rods to spirals.

I’ve never seen a spherical camel, Sternvogel.

Surely you know that bacteria is the kind with two humps.

No, you’re wrong…Bactrian is the last name of the actress who played the title role in “All About Eve.”

Not so fast, Watson! Bancroft was Sherlock Holmes’s brother.

(P.S.: Kythereia: whoops!)

Pssst…

It was Anne Baxter who was in "All About Eve.

Let’s clear up the confusion right now. The New Adventures of Bancroft/Baxter was a half-hour-long television adventure/comedy (with an hour-long first episode); there were 17 episodes and they aired on the Fox television network between 1987 and 1988. It was created by Savage Steve Holland who also wrote and directed most of the episodes. The title character was played by Jonathan Ward, who won a “Best Young Actor Starring in a New Television Comedy Series” Young Artist Award for the role.

Good one, kunilou! Very smooth!
freudian slit: Mon dieu! You’re right! All these years, what was I thinking? (the irony…playing at malaprops, & making them for real!)

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, beans baxter, the ordinary bend, which extends from the right-hand chief to the sinister base. Heraldry, you know.

Now if you’ll excuse me, mycroft awaits. :smiley:

Don’t search your family tree too carefully. You may discover that your ancestor was a bar dexter – someone who is overly nerdy, geeky, or bookish, usually portrayed wearing thick glasses and a lab coat.

Well, he may fit some or all particulars of that description, but a

Poindexter

is a painter who employs dots of primary colors in various densities to create the impression of using all hues of the rainbow. Georges-Pierre Seurat is perhaps the most famous man who fits the description.

I think you’re confusing “smock” with “smack!” A pointillist is a person who fights with the fists; a boxer, usually a professional.

(Actually, I do have a Poindexter in my family tree!)

No…A pugilist is a very adorable kind of dog with a smushed in face.

Only if the dog also knows Mozart. A pug is a type of contrapuntal composition or technique of composition for a fixed number of parts, normally referred to as “voices”.

Those voices are the voices of Norweigan parrots, pining for the fugues.

You need to take some more soma, because fjords is the last name of the man worshipped in “Brave New World.”

We’re getting closer to the root of the conspiracy. Actually ford is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy.

And now, I have to kill you all.