Mall "Cajun" food... Chinese food?

Wow…zombie thread about undead malls! Eerie.

Shades of Christopher Moore’s Stupidest Angel. Next, they’ll be going to IKEA.

There are a fair number of Vietnamese shrimpers off the coast of Louisiana - maybe some failed shrimpers ate in real Cajun restaurants and tried to reproduce it?

I’m not sure what the similarity is supposed to be between Cajun and Chinese food, except that they both use rice. Cajun food does not use noodles. Cajun food does not use soy sauce. When I lived in SW Louisiana long before Cajun food became a fad, about the only Cajun place in New Orleans was an outpost of Don’s a Lafayette restaurant. Bourbon Street has nothing to do with Cajun anything. Vietnamese food has nothing to do with Cajun food either.

BTW there are some reasonable Cajun restaurants in the North. I went to one in Seattle a while ago, which had boudin - or a good try at boudin. None have been in malls.

They have these “Cajun” style places at pretty much every mall I’ve ever been to. The one in Park Meadows Mall (near Denver, CO) is my go to if given a choice (don’t judge me). Nope, not the least bit authentic but good eats. You’ll find Taco Bell only vaguely resembles Mexican food too.

The only mall I have ever seen this type of “cajun” food at was the Longwood Galleria in Boston. I have to say, that was the strangest mall I have ever seen. Last time I was there, it had a CVS, a food court (With some great options), a hotel, several doctor’s offices, and a news stand.