Medieval: Total War 2 Cooperative Campaign...The Revenge

I’m starting to think we should fire up two games simultaneously. We can ensure we get to the bottom and get things flowing faster.
Anyone up for starting one up with the Moors?

Eheh, if you want challenging, try scotland :smiley: Nah, I’m up for a Moors campaign. Who wants to start it?

You never heard of trekking across the vast Scottish Moors? :smiley:

I’d be up for it and volunteer to start it except I’m so far down in the queue. We should give Miller and Alessan a shot at it first if they want it. (and xtis if he hasn’t started on the HRE one yet.)

I think the silence is telling of long wait times, Ludovic - couldn’t you just start it and we could get a third one going if anyone else fancies their turn of creating a shooting star?

Okay, I’ll start it, but I realized why people might be loathe to start it other than not liking the Moors – the faction leader starts at 60 years old! But that makes up for my long turn as the Danish I guess.

Good to hear, gents. I’ve got a pretty beefy game with Scotland going, so I’ll see your Scotland and raise your Russia (haven’t played with them yet, but expansion should be easy cheesy).

The sultan is no more. Tahar passed away in the middle of the trip to Valencia: rumor has it El Cid put a curse on the expedition. The new Sultan is in the middle of a trip to capture legedary Timbuktu. But Tahar’s youngest son might just keep the Spanish expedition on its feet if he shows up in Spain.

I set the game on Medium campaign difficulty and Hard battle difficulty.

I’ll send the game file over to Miller when I get home, and assuming he takes it the turn order now goes like this:
Talon Karrde
Alessan
Kinthalis
RandMcNally
Kyyrewyyoae

Gukumatz
Revenant Threshold
LOUNE
Ludovic

(btw no screenshot: it’s so early in the game y’all should know how it looks ;))

Miller, how’s it going, mate? Poland getting on your nerves?

How big are the save files you’re e-mailing back and forth? If they’re smaller than a couple megs, I’d like to jump into one or the other.

The save file I recieved on my turn was 1.5 megs, and I sent on one just over 2.

Well, then count me in, assuming that no one minds me cutting a nation to the ground because I haven’t gotten this game figured out exactly yet. Could I get placed at the end of either of the campaign lists? I don’t want the command for a week or so because I won’t be able to play much until then.

Then it goes: (for the Holy Roman Empire)
Current:Miller
xtisme
Talon Karrde
Alessan
Kinthalis
RandMcNally
Kyyrewyyoae
appleciders

Gukumatz
Revenant Threshold
LOUNE
Ludovic

Someone has the Moors going. It looks like** Miller** has that one too from Ludovic.

I sware, appleciders, we’re more organized than we seem to be!

Ludovic, you may have to give Miller a poke and see if he’s still breathing.

Poked friend Miller yesterday, no reply. He may be on vacation. Should we say he moves down the bracket in 24 hours? (To the next slot)

I think that’s fair. We should also redesign the bracket for the Moops. Sticking one person with two files isn’t optimal.
As a matter of fact, wanna start the Moops over again? We’re not too far away from it as it is.

I wasn’t completely sure if Miller et al wanted to play the Moors, so my intent was that if they objected for some reason, they could pass the file down to the next person. But if they wanted to play, their name would drop to the bottom of the list so they wouldn’t have two files at once.

And am I also incorrect in assuming that xtisme already has the HRE?

As I see no reply from xtisme about playing or passing I can only assume that that’s the Doper with the HRE file. When the HRE is done, X would then pass the file on to Talon assumg Talon’s system is up/back from travel, or Alessen if not.

Or should we start a totally new list for the Moors? I thought starting two games on one list would be preferable because you wouldn’t have a chance of getting two files at once. Considering how slow the game has been going as of late I don’t want to take the chance of slowing it down even more when that happens :slight_smile:

head explodes
Let’s restart the Moors. You wanna shuffle the order?

Thanks for the poke, Gukumatz. I lost track of this thread, but I’m still in the game… except that nobody sent me a save file.

Ludovic? Talon Karrde? Little help here?

I dunno, I sent you the file twice, the first time it bounced back but the second time it didn’t. AFAIK you were second in line for the HRE behind xtisme so AFAIK that game is still in play (?)

And it’s my understanding that I am to redo the Moors with a SEPARATE list, which I will randomize from the current list. Of course, I am probably messing everything up in doing this, but I will post this after lunch.

So, the HRE list, which I from this point on understand to be separate, goes thusly:

Well, we should probably shuffle up the list for the Moors so we don’t run into someone with two save files.

Okay, here’s my randomized list for the Moops:

Ludovic
LOUNE
RandMcNally
Talon Karrde
Miller
Alessan
appleciders
xtisme
Kinthalis
Gukumatz
Kyyrewyyoae
Revenant Threshold**

Since I volunteered, I’ll start it again, although, like Bladean Vampires, the Sultan is getting a bit sick of dying every couple years :wink: