Memorial service for danceswithcats

The only way it’s a 5 hour drive from Boston is if you go in the middle of the night, avoid any construction and do about 100mph the whole way. Then *maybe *it’s five hours. Allow yourself at least 7 hours if you’re trying to make a specific time, depending on what time and route you travel. You can probably make it in 6 if conditions are right.

Not much more to add at this point, but I will get directions from the cemetery to the house, to be distributed at the service. I don’t know yet about food, but it would be nice if we could all bring something that will transport easily. We may need coolers, since stuff is going to sit in the cars for a while.

I need a definite headcount. Please - and this is a real pet peeve of mine - I need to know who is coming. Don’t pop in just to say, “Not me!” (unless, of course, you’ve already said you are coming)

So far:
Scuba Ben
BiblioCat
norinew + 3
nyctea scandiaca
OpalCat
MsRobyn

Maybes:
Edward The Head

Can someone commit to picking up DocCathode, please? He needs a ride from the train station.

Color me there.
I don’t know if Intaglio will be there or not, but I will.

It may also be where I’m coming from. I’m about 40 minutes outside of Boston. I’d probably plan on driving there very early anyway, if not the night before (most likely) just to be on the safe side.

If the train station isn’t too far from the mall, I’ll be happy to pick Doc up.

Okay, a bit more info. I have John’s address, if anyone wants to Mapquest it from the cemetery ahead of time, but they will also provide directions at the cemetery.
If anyone would like the address in order to map it out ahead of time, either email or PM me and I will send it to you. If you want my cell number, I’ll send that, too. Might be nice to have a few numbers shared around, just in case.

They have also very generously offered to provide all the food.
Updated list:
Scuba Ben
BiblioCat
norinew + 3
nyctea scandiaca
OpalCat
MsRobyn
DocCarthode
Tranquilis +1 maybe

Maybe:
Edward The Head

Count me in.

We have a spare guest room if out-of-towners would like a place for the night and a ride to the memorial. Philadelphia Airport is only about a half-hour away (we’re in Mount Holly, NJ), so I’d be happy to pick folks up there if need be as well.

Jamie and I are in as well.

Scuba Ben
BiblioCat
norinew + 3
nyctea scandiaca
OpalCat
MsRobyn
DocCathode
Tranquilis +1 maybe
Hal Briston
av8rmike and Jamie

Maybe:
Edward The Head

(X-posted in the MAD group e-mail list.) Hello everyone, I am pretty sure that OpalCat and myself are going to come the night before and share a hotel room (I’m coming from Washington DC, and she from the Boston area).

Where would be the best place to look for a hotel? Preferably near a selection of restaurants (nothing fancy), because we will probably be arriving in time for dinner or late-night snack, and close to the memorial site/meet-up spot/Paul’s friend’s house? I’m looking at Google Maps, but it looks like one big mass suburb of Philadelphia, so I have no idea which town/area to look in. Also, I suppose not too far from the Penn. Turnpike (276) because it looks like that is the road we’ll be coming along.

Also, if anyone else is getting a room and staying overnight, we could plan to get rooms in the same hotel and meet up beforehand!

BiblioCat, could you e-mail or PM me Paul’s friend address?

It’s been brought to my attention that some people might want to come but would prefer to not have their names listed.

I’ll keep the list private from here on. If you’d like to come and prefer not to post to the thread, email or PM me so I know. I just need to know how many are coming.

And to add to what BiblioCat said, anybody who wants to read or say something at the memorial service but doesn’t want their name listed on this thread, please PM / email me or Biblio.

Unable to attend, but just wanted to say the thought of y’all gathering is a beautiful one, and tdc and I will be down south, lighting a candle, raising a glass, and alternately mourning & celebrating with you. Hugs all around.

This is beautiful, and I would so love to be there. I’m marking the time so I get a buzz from my phone and I can be there in spirit.

My friends, here and beyond.

I have not been on the board for a while. I have not been at Gettysdope, either, as fate, or reality dictated.

I love you all, I miss you Danceswithcats.

My Niece is getting married on the date planned.

Tris

Bumping the thread.

I still only have two people (counting myself) who want to speak at the memorial. Anybody else want to take part?

Sorry for the late arrival. I’ll be there

As some of you may know, we moved to WV on the 22nd, and I don’t have 'net access at home yet. I’m posting from the town library!

Anyway, I’m having some major health issues with my kidney (right kidney scheduled to come out Sept 14th), and I’m afraid those health issues are going to keep me from attending the service. :frowning:

I really, really wanted to be there. However, I’m marking my calendar with the date and time, and at the appropriate time, will be saying the Baha’i Prayer for the Deceased. :frowning:

I will be there in spirit.

Damn my kidney!:mad:

Preliminary weather forecast for Sunday: High 75, probable storms.

bump

DocCathode, please check your PMs.