Milk Chocolate, Mr. Goodbar, Krackel, or Special Dark?

None, because it is Hershey’s.

All of the above, beginning with the Special Darks. Fortunately, everyone in my office likes something different.

I agree with pretty much everyone else, Hershey’s chocolate (while never particularly good) is now pretty abysmal since the change away from cocoa butter. I used to really like Hershey’s miniatures, particularly the Krackel bar, but I don’t bother anymore.

I complained about this back when the change happened, and Hershey’s response was that people “preferred the new formula.” Right. :stuck_out_tongue:

Krackel > Mr. Goodbar > Milk > starving to death > Special Dark

I guess I know where to send all the Mr. Goodbars that collect at the bottom of our candy bowl, because no one in our family likes them. I’ll only eat them if I’m desperate.
Special Dark is the best, then Milk, then Krackel, otherwise.

Mr. Goodbar | Krackel > Milk Chocolate > “gotta have some chocolate” > Special Dark

I like the less intrusive, slightly sweet taste. Dark is too strong - overpowering. Not a taste but an assault. On the other end is White Chocolate which is too sweet and overpowering.

Special Dark.

Dark chocolate…mmmmmmm…

Krackel, Mr. Goodbar, hunger. Then maybe the milk chocolate. I will never so much as touch the Special Dark, for fear of contamination.

Special Dark>Krackel>Hershey Bar>Mr. Goodbar

I’m a chocolate snob, and normally turn my nose up at Hershey’s products - “Special” Dark? Puh-leeze. Once you’ve had single-source Costa Rican 72%, that stuff will seem as special as tap water, and about as flavorful.

But I’m a sucker for crispy (sorry, krispy) rice. So Krackel, then an overwhelming feeling of shame for enjoying something so pedestrian. :smiley:

I voted Special Dark. I don’t eat much chocolate these days. but I loved Special Dark. I liked to have a little piece of milk chocolate when I was done eating the SD, to cut the bitterness at the end.

Mr. Goodbar is the food of the gods. All other candies cower before it.

Man, I miss having a Hershey rep living next door. That was a magical time. <sigh>

I’m amazed people actually eat Krackel. It’s basically Nestle Crunch, maybe slightly less boring. Mr Goodbar all the way, followed by Special Dark.

That explains why the chocolate is rather more translucent around the edges.

Eat Cadbury’s chocolate. Everyone’s a fruit and nut case.

limegreen, you can send all your Mr. Goodbars to my house. Those always go first around here. The chocolate isn’t the highest quality but the chocolate/peanut combination is our favorite.

The special darks linger, gathering dust, until someone gets desperate enough for chocolate that they are willing to eat one.

That’s precisely why I like it. The solid chocolate is too boring, and Mr. Goodbar has two different tastes that don’t actually combine, to my taste bud. IIRC, the peanuts are too salty.

You can send me your Krackels, and I’ll send you my Mr. Goodbars. :slight_smile: I can’t stand Mr. G’s–the peanuts have no flavor, so it’s like chewing on chocolate with yucky tasteless things that get stuck in your teeth. Krackels to me are much tastier than Nestle’s Krunch.

I’ve been corrupted, though–a friend gave me a Lindt Dark Chocolate with a Touch of Sea Salt bar and I tried it last week (after an initial reaction of “ew–salt and chocolate?”) After that it’s going to be hard for me to go back to Hersheys. :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I would say too. I will fight anyone for the last Special Dark in the bag.

Mr. Goodbars are best used to level uneven table legs… :smiley:

Krackel and Mr. Goodbar. After that, I don’t know. I sometimes crave that weird, funky, unique Hershey’s chocolate flavor, so I guess I’d go Milk then Special Dark. If I’m in the mood for the type of chocolate that Special Dark is supposed to evoke, I go for Lindt’s or Leonidas or something like that.