Most Annoying Commercials, part ??

A local “Liquor/Cigarette Discount” chain company I used to work for, has this commercial that airs here, and I have to admit that I never really payed attention to it until recently.

First…the owner’s daughter is appearing in this commercial dressed as a chicken in a bathing suit, and acts kinda like Vanna White, showcasing the different booze they have to offer in this store, while saying “cheap cheap” and then other times saying “cheap cheap, fun fun”…kinda cute…but very annoying after awhile.
Okay…now we get to see the owner in this too, as he’s telling you all the things you can find there at this store, blah blah blah…
This is the part the really annoys me, he states to the viewers…

"Size really does matter!"

and this is my favorite rolling of eyes here

** “And remember guys, the more she drinks, the better you look!”**

I know it’s supposed to be cute …yeah what ever, but to me its demeaning to BOTH men and women. The men that have “size issues”, and women in genral.

The Mc Donald commercials drive me insane

Ever here the “HUUUUGE”, guy? Fucciello Chevrolet?

Haha

hear*

Dirt Cheap Cigarettes and Liquor!

My favorite part is the owner’s claim that Dirt Cheap brand beer is “perfect for every occasion.” Each can has a picture of the flippin’ chicken in a bathing suit on it! What occasion is that perfect for?

And the “house” brand beer at Dirt Cheap smells soooo bad!!!

We were moving beer into the cooler one day, and somehow the dolly had spliced open a few cans on one of the rows, beer went spraying everywhere, smelled like nasty gym socks.

So after that when people would come in and ask us what the “Dirt Cheap” beer tasted like, or where it was made…we would tell them that Fred (Owner) made from the same water that he washed his socks in, and would just strain it to get the lint out right into the can.

Lately there has been a commercial for some sleazebag lawyer who talks about how he will preventing drunk drivers from losing their license. This is just plain sickening!

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! I have to hit “mute” as soon as they come on. I can’t stand them! And we have three Fucillo dealerships in the capital district (NY)–Schenectady, East Greenbush and Amsterdam, so we have three times the HUUUU-JA! :mad:

I don’t know how widespread this ad is, (I’m not sure if it’s a chain, but it’s definitely not national or anything) but it’s a mattress store, and it just goes on and on like any other commercial but then at the very end, the owner screams in this really obnoxious, high-pitched voice: Sit’n’Sleep’llbeatanyone’sadvertisedpriceoryour mattress is FREE!!!

I swear I can remember seeing that commercial as early as the late 60’s, which is especially amazing considering that I’m only 16. Seriously, that’s how annoying this commercial is.

Any McDonald’s ad for the last few years …at least. I remember some radio ads ("…because today, you won, because today, you didn’t…") and then one with that song “I saw the sign…” about the sign with all their low prices posted on it, and the new ones with the hip-hop music.

Robbin’s Brothers. 'Nuff said.

Just today I saw some Nissan commercial that went on and on about… Well, take a guess. Do you think it was the engine, or the radio, or the comfortable seats, or even the low price? No, this was a commercial all about how functional and stylistic and awesome were… the tail lights. If the best feature of this car is its tail lights, do I really want it?

I’m sure I’ll think of some more soon…

Or humanity in general, really. :wink:

TJdude825: Your hunch about the Nissan is probably correct. Keep this in mind the next time you’re watching a car commercial: if shots of people having fun get more screen time than the car itself, be wary. This means that the car is boring and uninspired.

I hate the commercials on the radio for Nokia/Sprint/Nextel that give you a sample of what the ring on their phone sounds like. Because it’s not annoying enough to hear cell phones buzzing around me at work, in restaurants, in movies, in stores, etc that I have to listen to those insipid tones on the radio, too. I have to turn down the volume as soon as I hear them or my blood pressure starts going up.