Most epic one-on-one fights in movie history?

Uma versus Everyone in “Kill-Bill”.

I nominate H.I. vs Leonard Smalls in Raising Arizona for the best fight ending.

Another vote for Yoda vs Dooku and Obi-wan vs Maul. I think the light sabre fights in the prequels are much better than the ones in the original. Vader vs Obi-wan looks crap these days.

Although i haven’t seen it in years, I seem to remember Riggs vs Joshua in Lethal Weapon one being quite epic.

Superman vs Zod (and the other 2) - in Superman 2

Can’t be specific but as a kid I always liked the two Clint Eastwood streetfighting comedies “Every Which way But Loose” and “Any Which way you Can”. There is a chance they suck these days, though.

Errol Flynn vs. Basil Rathbone … in any of a dozen movies, but specifically The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

All of the matches at the end of Best of the Best.

Tony Curtis vs. Ross Martin in “The Great Race.” You get the extra added attraction of seeing Natalie Wood in her prime, in a corset, covered in raspberry pie. Grrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwlllllllll.

Lee Marvin vs. Ernest Borgnine on top of a moving train in “Emperor of the North”

John Wayne vs. Bruce Dern in “The Cowboys.”

And while H. I. vs. Leonard Small is good in “Raising Arizona,” H. I. vs. Gale (John Goodman) is even better. When H. I. scrapes his knuckles on the textured ceiling -that’s just gotta smart.

Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris in “Return of the Dragon.”

At the time, Norris was the world champion kickboxer. Lee, of course, was Lee.

I recommend The Duellist, directed by Ridley Scott. The entire movie is one fight–and the swordsmanship is some of the most realistic to ever appear in any movie.

For sheer mean spirit and ouch that looked like it hurt:
Lee Marvin vs. Ernest Borgnine in “Emperor of the North”

Cool horseback fighting with swords:
Rescue sequence in “The Wind and the Lion”

Sci-Fi duel:
Decker vs Roy in “Bladerunner”

Later…

The first and only thing I thought of when I saw the title of the thread was The Live.

But since that’s been done, how about Ash versus his possesed hand in Evil Dead 2 or Good Ash versus Bad Ash in Army of Darkness (Good…bad…I’m the guy with the gun.)

The first famous fight scene in the movies—and a horribly realistic one—was between William Farnum and Tom Santschi in The Spoilers (1914).

Heartily seconded. Realistically, much of this fight took place as grappling on the ground.

John Wayne vs Forrest Tucker in Chisum

John Wayne vs Victor McLaughlin in The Quiet Man

Michael York vs Christopher Lee in The Three Musketeers

Dennis Weaver vs the Semi in Duel

King Kong vs. the T. Rex in the original 1933 King Kong. Willis O’Brien, the animator, was a big wrestling fan, and he worked the moves of his favorite wrestlers into the contest between the big monkey and the big lizard.

I also wanted to throw in a vote for the final fight scene in Brotherhood of the Wolf. Actually, there are several spiffy fights in it. Worth checking out.

I’m gonna have to go with the duels at the ends of both The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

The whole, “No, I am your father!” and Luke losing his hand in TESB is CLASSIC.

And of course, the desparate battle in ROTJ…the music is perfect.

I am really, really looking forward to the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Episode III-by all accounts it’s supposed to be brutal.

The Duellists,

During the course of the film, Kieth Carradine and Harvey Keitel fight several duels. Any one of which is a good as the final in Rob Roy.

No big supprise as both movies had William Hobbs as the fight director.

Jenny McCarthy vs Pamela Anderson in Scary Movie 3

Tyrone Power vs. Basil Rathbone in The Mark of Zorro

This one may not technically qualify as a fight, but it wasn’t exactly a friendly game of checkers:

Judah vs. Messala in Ben-Hur :cool:

The greatest twenty minutes in the history of cinema, as far as I’m concerned.