Most painful way to die via a "liquid" injection?

That seems similar to how Bruce Ivins, the alleged anthrax attacker, supposedly committed suicide.

You would think a scientist would devise a less painful way to die.

Battery acid seems to be popular without good reason. Bunch of blokes near me tried to do the battery acid injection thing, then set fire to the victim. Who still survived.

Polonium 210 - took 3 weeks but radiation sickness is an unpleasant way to die.

Si

D’ye think the MRSA is more painful than a syringe of ebola zaire?

Anybody who’s ever gotten lemon juice on an open cut might think that an injection of it would be agonizing. It’s not, though, at least not if it goes into a vein. I’m guessing that the stream of blood immediately dilutes it. In any case, it doesn’t hurt. Maybe battery acid is a similar deal.

I suspect an IM injection of either would be a whole different story, though.

Depends on the dosage. The final stage of paracetamol toxicity kicks in at 3 to 5 days following administration; how long this stage lasts (and whether it ends in recovery or death) depends on how much of the drug was administered. I’m sure that with a properly calibrated dose you could fix the time to death at one week, plus or minus some measurable margin of error.

Nope, 3-5 days is typical. Of course, a really massive dose will do the job faster.

Battery acid is a rather weak solution. Actually household toilet cleaners have a bigger acid concentration than battery acid.

Not speedy but perhaps in the right “vein” (heh-heh)

I read a short story where a terrorist was about to be released for political reasons, so in the guise of injecting ‘truth serum’ they also injected him with rabies. They let him go a little later without, of course, telling him. That must have been unpleasant.

Potassium chloride is the primary drug used to cause death in the lethal injection: they inject sodium thiopental to anesthetize the prisoner, pancuronium bromide to paralyze them (that’s the one human rights groups object to) and potassium chloride to kill them by stopping the heart from beating. I know it’s sometimes claimed that lethal injections sometimes take longer than the authorities say they do, but they’re talking on the order of minutes, not days!

Doesn’t that cause death fairly quickly by embolism?

Yes, but it’s quite painfull. I didn’t realize the OP wanted it to make sure it lasted a long time.

For anybody referencing cookie cutters from The Diamond Age:

The OP specified painful. Cookie cutters would pulp you so fast, I wouldn’t imagine there would be time for pain. Physical pain, anyway–you’d probably be in a decent amount of mental anguish if you were aware of what was in store.

How the heck do you know this? You actually injected yourself with lemon juice?
Why?

Lemon juice doesn’t hurt when you put it on your bare skin. Would it be a strong enough acid to damage the lining of whatever blood vessel it was injected into?

Milk

Alot of Distilled water.

Drano and hot sauce.

Oh, but imagine a set of cookie cutters programmed to go off one at a time, every ten seconds, for a week or so.

Wait, forget that I even contemplated that. I am not that devious.

Seriously, the worst thing I can think of is still bacteria. I might lean toward meningococcus now, since blinding headaches while your hands and feet rot off is something I can’t stand to think of.

I’m gonna throw my vote in for the infectious agents, too.

Pain + gross + horrifying = win.