Musical Abominations

I actually really liked that performance.

I say with zero irony that this is one of my absolute favorite pure pop songs of all time.

Seriously, this song is the bomb.

Have to agree.

And like any bomb, it should be dropped only once.

Jan Terri, Losing You. Musically, it’s no worse than any bad 80’s synthpop, but that video…

My name is John Daker

A challenge (a la Mission:Impossible): find a worse cover than Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Vanilla- No Way No Way. Some in England consider this the worst song ever. I tend to agree.

There’s also this ‘wha…’ video from a Prince wannabee named Prince Charles. Yeah, that’ll work

I went in search of an abominable rock-trio version of the Rite of Spring, but instead found awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagd6EcyK0g

Every sound on that video is made by one guy using a multi-tracked guitar. I can’t believe how well he imitated all the sounds of the orchestra.

If you want abomination, try the various “shreds” videos: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shreds&aq=f

David Lee Roth gets weird

What did Mozart ever do to deserve this? This version of ‘Die Hölle Rache’ (The Queen of the Night from The Magic Flute.) is sadly cut off before the final note…

Why? Why would you do that to me? What did I do to you? I don’t even know you, and you did that to me. :frowning: The stupid thing is stuck in my head now too.

I’m very very happy not to have been living in the UK in 1997.

There’s always Wing.

(Note: for some reason the samples from the first CD listed, Beat It, won’t play. Try one of the others.)

Submitted for your rejection:

Sondra Prill

Dear God, what have you done to me? I can’t stop listening to them.

They’re so bad yet so compelling at the same time.

It’s Halloween, My Cutie, Who are Parents, Philosophy of the World, Foot Foot…can’t. stop. listening.

You want an abomination? I got yer abomination right here.

Hey! That’s Barnet’s answer to the Spice Girls you’re dissing there!:smiley:

In defense of Jo Stafford, “Darlene and Jonathan Edwards” were a comedy duo created by Stafford and her husband Paul Weston; they won a Grammy in comedy in 1960 for the act. Stafford and Weston were extremely talented musicians in their own right; if you listen closely some of Darlene’s missed notes are very precisely and consistently off-key. It takes a genuinely good singer to sing that badly.

Still pretty damn funny though.

You’re the one that I (don’t) want
Made all the more disturbing because of the following:

Anything by Merzbow. I just took the first hit off of Youtube because I’m sure each one sounds exactly the same–like the shit between two AM radio stations.

Grunge Lite. This is actually meant to be awful, and is really funny, but is still an abomination.

Pat Boone covering Paradise City.