My cat just fell off the bed

I had a very clumsy cat that fell off many items besides the bed, including: a tall fence (cracked a tooth with that one), a third floor apartment balcony (landed in the ivy, no harm done but, damn!, did that one scare me!), and down the stairs! The plunge down the stairs was the funniest: I’m sitting on the couch reading, I hear a thumpa-thump-thumpa!, and look up to see the cat tumbling down the stairs in a blur of black & white. He ends up on the landing, claws fully extended, eyes as big as plates, and a puffed up tail. “Have a nice trip, ya Pinhead?”

My mom has a sectional sofa where the seats on both ends are recliners. The sofa is kind of old, and the end seats recline without much effort.

We used to have a cat named Bandit. Bandit was fat. Bandit liked to sit on the back of the sofa.

One day, Bandit sat on the back of one of the end seats, and it started to slo-w-l-y recline under her weight. My mom, brother, and I were at the kitchen table, with a clear view of the action, and the look on Bandit’s face as she sank out of view was priceless! :smiley: As soon as the chair stopped moving she jumped off and ran away, but 6 years after her death we still laugh about that story.

My wife had a beautiful Russian blue cat that was convinced it could jump to the top of a certain book case. Never made it once and would land square on her head when she fell.

But the funniest thing was her demeanor. She would act like “that’s odd – that never happened BEFORE” even though she fell EVERY TIME.

Thank you all for the best laugh I have had all day!

my cat (adult, 3yrs old–not a silly kitten anymore) likes to sit on the armrest of the sofa. So what, you ask?
Well—you see, the armrest is a flat piece of wood that sticks out like a plank ,with empty space all around and below. So the cat sits, not lengthwise,( so that the plank could support the length of her body)-but crosswise, balancing on the 3 inch wide arm .She sits squatting like a penguin, perched on 2 feet.
Then…(drum roll…) she bends down, and peers underneath the wooden arm, thus learning what the world looks like upside-down and underneath her own ass.

Then while peering down–she sees something move!!!. So using her front paws,she grabs it. And then…having caught the tip of her own tail, she yanks it, underneath the armrest, thus pulling herself off of her perch and into a fine 360 degree backwards summersault to the floor.

My boy cat, Max, is very athletic, but easily the most klutzy cat ever. He will leap accross my kitchen from cabinet to fridge, jump high into the air to catch a bug (or lazer pointer dot), and bound triumphantly over my dog, but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen him land on his feet. He’s always misjudging distances and crashing into things and falling down. This can be very funny–but it can also be painful, like when he misses and his 12 pounds lands on me, claws a-skew. :eek:

Omigod, that’s exactly the picture I needed for our dining room.

I’m going to put it right next to the big black and white print of our two cats caught in an ‘indelicate’ position (as soon as I find it again, dang it).

E.

We have a full-wave waterbed. If a person sits on it quickly, it creates a rather hefty wave that travels from the point of impact to the edge of the bed. If one of us rolls over at night, smaller waves are produced.

We have one cat who LOVES to sleep on the very edge of the bed, completely stretched out and usually on his back. He still hasn’t learned that this is not a Good Place to sleep when the humans are getting into bed.

(The other cat gets sea-sick from it, and refuses to go anywhere near it if a human is at home. We have found her sound asleep in the middle of the bed when we come home in the evening, though. This cat, however, can fall asleep on the back of an office chair, and be spun around without falling off.)

Funniest thing I’ve seen all day. Hands down. :smiley: :smiley: