My shopping experience at Dome Heapo (pricing policy related)

I photographed the tag -after- I was told that he would have to get the manager to approve a price change, but -before- he actually showed up. I did so because I noticed that someone had tried to peel off the erroneous label since I had left the product display, only 3 minutes earlier.

So I’d say it’s neither fraud, or eccentricity that motivated me.

Though I am eccentric.

I had noticed the erroneous price several times over the last week (I shop at home depot for modding supplies) and didn’t even know that the display rotated 360 degrees, and it was always facing with the wrong price out.

Also, I didn’t know that the price was erroneous until the price check that was shortly followed by me losing my temper, and mouthing off.

I must confess that innacurate or missing prices are a pet peeve of mine. I enjoy shopping for stuff, and I like to price compare. If there is a big aisle end display with some cool stuff on it, and no price it really irks me, unless it’s something that I don’t want/need. I guess the idea of “hey it’s a great deal…or maybe it’s not- it’s a secret” is what I’m getting at. Last month, I got a dorm fridge, toaster, clothing iron, some fridge magnets, and a pizza cutter for just $22.48 at Targèt, where there was a whole half aisle of them, completely devoid of pricing, since people were leaving the store with carts full of them, I asked, and found another aisle with prices, and bought one. Fortunately, the Chefmate fridge has not burst into flames… yet.

Most supermarkets in my area have “price accuracy” guarantees, where they sometimes give you the item free, up to a certain amount, or match the shelf price if it scans at a different price. I thought this was a NJ law, but it’s not, from what I can tell.