Name 100 Gone With the Wind Characters

Tony Fontaine, who murdered Hilton & fled to Texas

Grandma Fontaine’s mother, murdered by the Indians
Old Doc Fontaine

doggone you, Sampiro! I had work to do this afternoon!!

Old Dr. Dean, who treats Ashley’s bullet wound after the raid that kills Frank Kennedy.

The Tarleton daughters’ names were Betsy, Randa, Hetty and Camilla. Mr Tarleton (the father) was, I think, Jim.

The Munroes from one of the neighbouring plantations: LaFeyette (Lafe), Alice and Dimity.

Another Fontaine - Joe

Weren’t Amos and Cubby two slaves on Tara to whom little kids were sent to learn a trade? One was a cobbler.

Scarlett’s miscarried child.

The two morally bankrupt Yankee women who told Scarlett there were “ways” of getting rid of a child you didn’t want (when she was pregnant w/Bonnie). One of them had worked in her husband’s brothel.

Bridget Flaherty, that’s one of them.
Also, there’s Rhett’s father in Charleston, who let Rhett’s sister and mother starve rather than accept Rhett’s money.

And Old Mrs. Burr in Macon, who said Scarlett was “fast” after catching her kissing her son at a party.

Who the town coward who didn’t go to war but stayed behind in the Home Guard & was mocked at gatherings?

Phil Meade, who wants to go to war when his brother’s killed.

Belle’s unnamed son, who goes to school in New Orleans.
Read between the lines: This counts as one character
Rhett’s unnamed “ward,” who he visits in New Orleans.

How interesting. It never occurred to me to make that connection. But of course, thinking about it, I can see that your conclusion makes sense.

James and Andrew, Gerald’s older brothers who’d already come to America

The stranger in the bar from whom Gerald wins Tara

Aunt 'Lalie, Scarlett’s Aunt who’d been giving money to Rhett’s family on the sly

Aunt Eulalie had a sister Aunt Pauline.

That may be 100 already.

Mamie Bart was the former madam who advised Scarlett on getting rid of babies.

Lou, Pork’s niece and Bonnie’s first nurse, fired after one of Bonnie’s nightmares.

Tommy Wellburne, crippled veteran who married Fanny Elsing and was killed in the Shantytown raid

Johnny something, manager of Scarlett’s lumber mill, was Johnny Gallagher. Ex-jockey, Union army veteran, cruel to the convict laborers

The convict laborers

Uncle Peter, Aunt Pitty’s coachman, former valet to Charles and Melanie’s father

Colonel Hamilton, Charles and Melanie’s father

Scarlett’s grandmothers:

Solange Robillard, a beautiful, black eyed and cold Creole who somehow winds up in (predominantly English) Savannah with her third husband.

Katie (Scarlett) O’Hara, Gerald’s mother who sent him and her other sons to America to hide them from the English troops.

Old Levi, the slave who played at the fundraiser dance where Rhett bid $200 for Scarlett.

“Gone With the Wind” mentions Scarlett visiting her aunts and their husbands. In one of the sequel’s most glaring errors, Rhett’s mother tells Scarlett that her aunt Eulalie was engaged to the mother’s brother, but when he died in a fall from a horse, the aunt was heartbroken and never married.

The Yankee corporal who gets “promoted” to Sergeant (he saw some pretty hot fighting in the Mexican war). He keeps one of his men from taking Charles’ sword.

The would-be sword thief who sets fire to Tara.

Now, I need a clarification here. I thought Gerald left b/c he’d called his overseer’s landlord “a bastard of an Orangeman” to which the gentleman responded by whistling the opening bars from the Battle of the Boyne (or somesuch). I remember Gerald’s five tall brothers bidding him goodbye — but then when he’s in Georgia, he borrows money from his brothers who were already established in Charleston.

Wut up?

I think you’ve got it a a bit mixed up.

The landlord was whistling the opening bars of Battle of the Boyne. Gerald called him a bastard of an Orangeman and shoots him. His father was the one who bid him goodbye and to go to his brothers in Georgia.

Phillipe, Ellen’s cousin and fiance. Her family disapproved of him, and he was shot in a bar brawl and killed. She cried out his name at her death. (I always thought a prequel of Ellen and Gerald would be excellent.)

The unnamed woman that Rhett took on a late afternoon buggy ride. They didn’t get back before dark, he refused to marry her, and her reputation was ruined.

Tommy Wellburn (?) who later married Fannie Elsing. She lost her beau, Darcy Meade, Philip Meade’s older brother, at Gettysburg.

Rhett also refuses to allow Scarlett to have an abortion, because he witnessed the death of a prostitute (and the unborn children, which was probably Rhett’s) during the procedure.

Emmy Slattery, I think it is. There’s also a Mr. and Mrs. Slattery - her parents, and a passel of brothers and sisters that Scarlett’s mother is always going to nurse back to health. She catches the typhoid that kills her by going to nurse Mrs. Slattery and Emmy back to health. She also has delivered Emmy’s illegitimate baby who dies at birth in the opening chapter of the book, leading Scarlett to rebuke Emmy when she’s presented at Mrs. Wilkerson by saying, “Who delivered your other brats after you killed my mother?”