NFL 2008 - Weekly Predictions

Well, it looks like I was wrong about Quinn…

Played all zone in Atlanta, but Oakland plays all man. Plus nobody ever throws at Nnamdi Asomugha (sp?) - eight times this season! - so he was always going to look bad. He was playing relatively well recently, though.

The Rex Giveth…And He Taketh Away. Sigh.

Man, the Bears pass defense is a joke. I’m starting to think Vasher needs to be benched and the pass rush isn’t getting anything accomplished. It’s seems the philosophy of the secondary is to let everyone catch everything in front of you no matter the situation in order to pad your tackle stats.

ETA: Guns Hochulli just gagged on another call. Waived off a crystal clear horse collar flag when the replays confirmed it beyond a doubt. I think he might be on drugs, or maybe just drunk.

Romeo Crennel has managed to totally crush any joy I can take out of football anymore.

During tonight’s game when Harrison ripped off that 77 yard TD run, I didn’t even cheer, I actually thought in my head “see what he can do you stupid piece of shit?” - my hatred for the coach overcame any desire to celebrate the moment.

Harrison is one of the many, many displays of ineptitude in this coaching regime. Every week, after Harrison makes nothing into a 20 yard run, or turns what should’ve been a 3 yard gain into a 10 yarder, I turn to whoever I’m watching football with and say “see that kid? that’s guy I keep mentioning. Now watch, he’ll get 1 more carry, do something impressive with it, and we won’t see him for the rest of the game” and every single time so far it’s been true. It’s comical at this point.

Harrison is, by far, the most talented running back on this team and much more suitable for our style of run blocking - but we still have to watch Lewis sloth his way into running in the back of his guard for a 3 yard gain 95% of the time there’s a running play. It’s comical - the better Harrison does, the less time he receives. He put up over 100 yards and a TD on 4 touches this game, so he probably won’t even be active for the next game. Romeo actually looked pained when he busted off that 77 yard run, as if he was thinking “damn it, now they’re gonna want me to play him more”.

He also desperately attempted to be the only head coach that has led a team to blow a 13+ point lead in 3 games in a row. He was saved only by a career long Dawson field goal combined with a Rian Lindell choke. Either of those kicks are a few yards off and he accomplishes a failure not before seen in the NFL. I’m almost a little dissapointed - I thought he had enough cowardice and ineptitude in him to set records for failure. He can’t even succeed at failing spectacularly.

My worst fear now is that we get a 7-9 or 8-8 type season and the retarded ownership decides to keep him for another year. It’ll probably kill off my enthusiasm about football.

I saw Crennel’s sort of “blah” face when Harrison scored and thought, “bet SB is composing a rant about this game right now”. :smiley:

You’re getting at least one more season of Crennel. Another year of losing makes Crennel look bad. Firing a coach you gave an extension to eight months ago makes the whole organization look bad.

I mean, wtf, really? Your team just made a huge play but it came from someone you didn’t like for some reason so you’re going to pout about it and take him out of the game?

Gah don’t say that. I’d rather lose every game the rest of the season by 50 points than have him stay around (Crennel actually made me go over the barrier of rooting for my own team at the end of the 2006 season. I thought some meaningless wins at the end of the season might’ve saved his job… he pathetically lost and kept his job anyway).

I knew after 2007 the ownership couldn’t fire him for PR reasons (even though I still advocated his firing and posted on various message boards why the success of the 2007 season was in spite of him rather than because of) - but giving him an extension on a contract that still had 2 years left was absolutely retarded and unjustifiable. If that becomes the reason he’s here next season… I don’t know what I’ll do.