No QUEER EYE- 3-23 thread? (There is now)

Woo, what a stinker. The kid was way too young to be on the show, and his girlfriend was a horrid bitch. They deserve each other. She is as shrill as he is vapid.

That said, the Fab 5, were only the Fab 1. The apartment redo looked great but everyone else was going throught the motions at best.

The recipe was way too much, and the catered food was over the top. When he says she liked exotic food “like italian” you are not dealing with adventursome paletes. The deserts were a bad idea- he had the deer in the headlights look the whole time.

Thai massage? Disasterous choice- seems like someone getting messages on the company dime. Lets see “you have bad products” “your bathroom is dirty” “brack to front and rub it in” “lets go to the salon [so that I can get pampered for free]”. We could making a drinking game out of it, as he is becoming a bit of a cliche.

One 30 minute dog lesson was pretty useless too. On the bright side, the dog peed on everything good boy!

I agree the not everyone needs the same damn hat. Please no one Tux jackets either.

Another disaster all around, but for a different reason then the figure skater absurdity. You can see why they hid these episodes until after sweeps was done.

Sigh. :frowning:

The horror made me post without proofing- honest!

:wink:

Hamlet, because I wanted to explore the topic instead of laying a personal smackdown on you, I invite you to GD.

My second post today about a TV show from last night. Pretty exciting life!

I usually start surfing after I see the first ten minutes, then come back to see how the home make over went. I stayed a little longer in the begining, but missed the girlfriend. My mistake.

This thread got kind of caught up in the ethnic debate. I just thought he was a typical twentysomething just starting out trying to be cool guy. He could have been any race/ethnicity. I’ve seen that attitude in every race/ethnicty. And what a looker! Woof. Carson was could barely contain himself. But what’s new?

And the sight of James rolling around on the floor with two gay guys learning massage techniques was unreal! But James handled it well. I’ll give him credit for “going with the flow.” I just started singing to myself – How do you like it, how do you like it, get the cameras rolling, get the action going – More, More, More. Now I sound like Carson.

As usual, Thom did a great job on his apartment/condo.

I’ll be sure to watch the second half in rerun for the girlfreind. And another look at James.

That’s one thing I did notice – they seem to have had two consecutive shows of “guy having strong mother-figure and girlfriend influence his life” with contrasts – the positive (backs him up, lifts him up) in Rod (Last week, any comments on that one could go into my other What, no Queer Eye thread? thread), the not so positive (creates dependency) in James.

And yes, Carson has got to give up on the frickin’ beanie cap, but hell I thought that thbe first time he put it on someone.

Next week they start reruns again.

James was a total dick about them trashing his apartment. Did he never see the show before? Did he not know from the contract he had to sign in advance that he was getting all new furniture?

James was a completely swell guy with the lessons. He was attentive and never shied away from anything. He was surprisingly comfortable massaging a gay guy (let’s compare him with the transit cop who was having a coronary being in a disposable speedo with Kyan even though no touch was involved).

James was a complete idiot in impleting all the lessons he was so attentively learning. Failed ironing. Failed dog training. Failed dessert making. Failed massage.

What’s Kyan, the grooming guy doing taking guys to massage and yoga classes? Isn’t that Jai’s job? For pete’s sake, Jai has so little to do, let him keep whatever might fight his job description.

Next time a guy has unlaundered stinky clothes, how about Carson and Jai teaching him how to run the washing machine?

Peace.