NY-26. Will the teaparty kill the GOP?

Uh, well your simply wrong… jack davis petitioned on a “tea party” line… the real tea party did not support him. Also jane corwin is an idiot… i a registerd republican voted for hochul in protest to the way the republican bosses propped corwin up… as many did. Also alot of people stayed home and didnt vote… but of course is always about the national scene… when in fact this was an intense dirty campagain filled with lies and low blows… i was going to vote for corwin until her butt boy set jack davis up… that was dirty and not needed… the monroe county executive, and bill righlac the country republican chairman both seemed to be ok with that, and that turned alot of voters off… also jane corwin is 47… one of her adds pointed out she had been working in the family business the “auto telephone book” for 36 years… no 11 year old has a serious role in a business… turst me im on a family farm… when i was 11 i didnt have a say or true role… This is not a referendum on paul ryans plan… it was a dirty camp… also after redistricting the 26th will probably be gone… so its really a mute point

There’s something else worth bringing up, and that’s Buffalo is a pretty segregated city. Race, or, now, the lack thereof, might have something to do with a changing tide.

I don’t ascribe to it, really. However, it might be worth talking about.

The Republicans are caught between a base that demands the Ryan plan and an electorate that hates it. Look for candidates to be both for it and against it at the same time.

Are you saying that many voted for the Democrat on protest because the other two candidates weren’t Tea Baggy enough? I’m reading this on an iTouch and am having a problem parsing the wall 'o text.

Chis Lee won last year with nearly 75 percent of the vote. He was a nut, but the heavily repub base turned out for him. They moved this time. This election should have been easy for the Repubs, but they lost it. I doubt it was about dirty local politics. that is the norm. I think it was about Ryan and Social security and Medicare. The repubs have moved to a place only they occupy now.

Here you go, folks. Your Tea Party base. Look for Boehner to accelerate his suicide by bottle.

-Joe

I laughed. But at the same time I’m really sad.

I think republicans will eventually have to take a stance that puts less pressure on medicare cuts if they don’t want to lose their shirts in future elections. Having said that, the results of this election are crystal clear proof (if anyone needed it) that it’s always better to simply tell your constituents what they want to hear. Last night, another NY-Dem Representative explained the outcome as follows:

“I think tonight proves to Democrats and Republicans throughout the entire country that we have better priorities. We don’t need to reduce Medicare, we need to reduce the tax subsidies to the big oil companies. That’s the choice that we presented to the American people and the voters of New York’s 26th district agree with our choice and our priorities”

The tax savings from 10 years worth of ending oil subsidies would total $21 billion compared to a current deficit for this year of $1.5 trillion. So yeah, that seems like the appropriate tradeoff…

For clarity, the tradeoff mentioned was between medicare and oil subsidies, not the full honkin’ deficit and oil subsidies.

Also, given that he was speaking of an election, it’s appropriate to describe a “choice” between something advocated by one side versus something advocated by the other.