NY Megadopefest V: Date Change -- October 22-24, 2004

Pictorial evidence of the mass confusion caused by the date change, as ‘reported’ in Sunday’s NY Post:

Three Dopers Show In Times Square 5 Weeks Early.

Uh, he said October… it’s only September… or do you mean THAT weekend?

Dunno yet myself.

So Billdo, any info on the whereabouts of festivities?

Several members of the Megadopefest committee have run into unexpected Life complications - most especially the estimable grand-poobah-and-master-of-ceremonies Billdo, whose work schedule has exploded on him. But several of us are also encountering unexpected travel obligtations that will cut in to our ability to plan the daytime activities that have come to be a cherished New York Megadopefest tradition. We don’t want to have a Megadopefest without them.

Because there had not been an overwhelming reponse to this thread, we have reluctantly decided as follows:

1. The New York Megadopefest will be postponed to a date TBD.

2. We would nevertheless like to propose a dinner-and-drinks gathering the evening of Saturday, October 23, for all who can come. We haven’t had enough of these events recently and it’s high time. (No, no, not that kind of high.)

We will post another thread on the October NonmegaNondopefest.

We very heartily apologize to all who had hoped to come, and we thank you for your patience. But there will be other Megadopefests!

Well, as I’ve said previously, I’m not available on the 23rd. :frowning: I look forward to the rescheduled dates for a full and proper Dopefest.

HARRUMPH!!!
I told y’all it was a bad idea to do it October. So nya nya nya. :stuck_out_tongue:
At any rate, I so no reason we can’t meetcha all for din-din on the 23rd.

So who is up for a mini meeting this Thursday night, October 14th at around 6:00 in Times Square?
Here is the deal.

WE CAN NOT MENTION THE MOVIE NAME. THAT WOULD BE USING THE BOARD TO PROMOTE A PRODUCT THAT IT IS MY JOB TO PROMOTE.

I have 16 passes to a movie. Eve is a probable an myself, so 14.

It’s at 6pm this Thursday night at the E Walk. Meet in the lobby at 5:30-5:50.

If you want to know the name of the move email me.

So, free movie, and maybe some doper planning afterwards.

I was already feeling anxious about the October Dopefest. I have such a hard time meeting groups of people. Now I have even longer to talk myself out of going.

I’m in NJ and will probably never get to an NYCfest. Damn!

You can come to one of the Saturday events. You’ll meet a much smaller group of people. Then if you feel comfortable you can come to the diner or if you’ve meet your fill of people for the day you can head home.

I should be in NY State until early November. I may be able to make a weekend Dopefest in that time frame. However, I’m 19, underage and not a drinker anyway, if the Dopefests are all going to be in bars please let me know now so I don’t make any plans.

Usually they are in a restaurant that serves drinks. You would be allowed in the place.

Hm. I may be able to make the thing on the 23rd… Depends on whether I’m in the city already. If I am, I may bring a friend.