One eyed,one horned, flying purple people eater..

One-eyed, One-horned, Flying Purple People Eater

Frequency: very rare
No. appearing: 1
Armor Class: 3
Move: 6"/24"
Hit dice: 10 + 4
THAC0: 10
% in lair: 0%
Treasure type: nil
No. of attacks: 2
Damage/attack: 4-24/2-12
Special attacks: nil
Special defenses: nil
Magic resistance: standard
Intelligence: low
Alignment: chaotic-hungry
Size: L
Psionic ability: nil
[sup]Attack/Defense modes: nil[/sup]

The one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater’s diet consists of people. Whether this is limited to people who are purple, fly, have one horn, and/or have one eye is a matter of speculation, but it is assumed by most adventurers that the creature will devour any sort of people if it gets sufficiently hungry, provided that its meal isn’t too tough.

The creature attacks with its single horn and its bite, with successful attacks doing 4-24 and 2-12 damage respectively. It prefers to swoop down on its prey from above, as its pigeon toes do not provide for fast movement on foot. When not engaged in combat, it has been rumored that the creature has aspirations of becoming a rock star and can be found playing his horn as a musical instrument.

Remember it? Hell I got it for Christmas! Goofy Gold, a two album set, featuring:

Beep Beep
King Kong Your Song
Ahab The Arab
Transfusion
OEOEFPPE
Alley Oop
Mr. Custer

and many more!

My borther and I acted out every one of those songs one day. Who knew interpretive dance was in my blood?

I remember rockin’ out to this song, a few years ago, when i bought the Dr. Demento CD set it was on. Anyone here remember the sequal, with the purple people eater meeting the witch doctor?

You realize, of course, tracer, that it’s all your fault that the rest of the folks in the lab are looking at me funny right now.

That’s the one Max, I almost mentioned the Ray Stevens tunes, but wasn’t sure. I have a Ray Stevens collection from the same period, and thought I might be confusing the two. Oh great, now I have The Streak running through my head.

I remember singing with Mom and Dad on car trips in the late 50’s.
This song and Seven Little Girls Sittin’ in the Backseat,Kissin’ and a Huggin’ with Fred. Thanks for the momories!

There’s an easy cure. Just think of Freedy Feelgood’s Funky Little Five-piece Band.
Yow! Work out, now!
RR :stuck_out_tongue:

Re: Freedy
I meant, of course, “Freddy.” Freedy is his younger brother.
RR

I expected more from the straight dope, my colleagues here seem to have forgotten a basic rule of logic. Namely that deductive reasoning is useless if the premise is faulty. deadOman asks if the monster is purple or if it eats purple people. Helena then submits direct evidence from verse three that the monster in question consumes homo sapiens that reflect electromagnetic waves with a frequency of approximately 700 trillion hertz. It is then concluded that the beast would not reflect electromagnetic waves with a frequency of approximately 700 trillion hertz. This is wrong.

The error lies in the mistaken premise that this relationship follows an either/or model. There is no evidence that this is the case. The fact that A = C does not preclude the possibility of B also equalling C.

I submit to you, ladies and gentlemen, new evidence in this matter. In my frequent trips to the Serengetti Alps, located off the Arctic coast of the Brazillian Congo, I have obtained a specimen of tyranoavian unicycloptus. The beast is in fact, both purple and a predator of purple people. Here is a digital photo of the specimen captured.

While your logic is impeccable, my three-armed friend, it is a bit belated. I made the point that both the eater and eaten could be purple nearly a week ago (see my post above, which involves speculation on the cause of such a chromatic coincidence). Perhaps I pointed it out too diffidently.

Still, additional evidence is always welcome. :slight_smile:

(bolding mine)

Beeblebrox, would you please convey our appreciation to the artist, who is clearly destined for a successful career as a creative limner of nature? :slight_smile:

Oh, but what of the hammer-head shark floating beside the OEOHFPPE in that artist’s rendition??? Where does he fit in ???

Not to mention that in the illo the people-eater is primarily green.

From the same site that Beeblebrox located that artist’s rendering of the OEOHFPPE, here is a second viewpoint. Note carefully how the creature can, as it were, “double in brass.”

That PPE is obviously a sloppily doctored photo as he is not, as the song says “playin’ rock’n’roll music through the horn in his head,” but rather playing some sort of music through the horn in his ass.