Only 24 days left in the War on Christmas!

Thinking of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman beating time with his right arm and singing “Happy Birthday To GZuz” at the recruits. That’s how I’ll be spending the next few weeks. It’s a hell of an earworm.

Maybe I’ll spend some of the countdown beating off in my back room with the shades drawn. Or making cookies! At the same time.

We went to the Christmas Revels yesterday, which are pretty much a celebration of Yule. We only saw half because about 10,000 motorcycles jammed up traffic for an hour to deliver stuffed toys to some undeserving slacker kids; then we were late getting home because the grownup versions of those same slackers were having an Occupy Portland march down the bus boulevard (heyhey; hoho). Cranky enough for you?

So… Muslims and Hindus have to say “Merry Christmas”, but Jews can say “Happy holidays”? :confused:

(FWIW, I wish my Christian friends a merry Christmas, happy Easter, etc. They wish me a happy Chanukah, Passover, whatever).

There’s a site called Skreened where you can make your own shop for free. I have a shop there myself.

No thanks, Groundhog’s Day is my birthday, and I don’t want to be born on Christmas. Besides February 2 is also Candlemas, and we can’t celebrate both Christ and candles on the same day!

(Anyway, what holidays does August have that lets you cast such aspersions at February?)

I’ll have a cookie without icing, thanks!

Time to post Santa’s Family Tree!

Me too. I’ve been sending out “Season’s Greetings” cards for over 35 years and nobody has ever mentioned my lack of the baby Jesus.

You have something against Frankenstein Day?

[QUOTE=Greg Charles;14532779(Anyway, what holidays does August have that lets you cast such aspersions at February?)[/QUOTE]

It’s in the glorious summertime, it doesn’t need holidays. And then there’s MY birthday. And then Back to School Day (which will mean less to me in a couple of years, I guess).

All the better! The best propaganda is unnoticeable as such!

“Al Jolson”?!