OOTP baseball online league - We have an opening. Anyone want to join?

The problem with that is that our little league is a little backwoods by the standards of a serious OOTP player. People are used to flashier websites and more advanced players. I could have posted a notice on the OOTP board too, but I figured we’re best served staying within the community.

Anyway, I’m happy to see that Flymaster has taken the reins (will he have time to get a sim in this evening before this week’s sim takes place?), and even happier to see that we have two prospective expansion owners in Mullinator and Omni. Time to start thinking about our expansion procedure, I guess.

Four more teams!

I’d like to be considered for an expansion team, too! I have OOTP 5

Especially since last season’s winner was the only non-Doper in the league. We’ve got Cecil’s honor to think of here… :smiley:

I’m afraid not. I’d have to reset the team password and upload a new league file. That would render all the other updates that everyone else has done useless. I’m afraid he’ll have to sit for one sim.

Zev Steinhardt

Makes sense. It’s just as well, after all, you know how I get when my sim doesn’t take! (heh)

And one two-week sim probably won’t hurt much. His current season is proooobably shot anyway.

So that’s three players showing interest in expansion franchises, one of whom already owns the game. Wonderful! We’re definitely going to have to come up with a fair scheme for creating the new teams. I think, personally, that discussion should begin asap (as I guess it will, since the matter itself is already put to a vote), because it may take some time to come up with something workable.

Unless you already have a plan in mind Zev… you always do seem to know about these things. I’ll have a look on the forums.

Well, even though it sounds like you’re set for now with Flymaster and possibly for expansion with Omni and Mullinator, I’d definitely like to throw my name into the hat as well for expansion.
I haven’t had a ton of time to read up on it, but from what I’m reading here, it sounds right up my alley. I’m more of a lurker than a poster, but I think WL can vouch for my active nature in two SDMB related fantasy baseball teams this year.

I own 5 and would be interested in joining if you end up wanting another owner.

And that gives us four expansion teams!

Interleague play!

I count 5: Omni, Mullinator, Hugh Jass, Wilson, wolfman.

JC, interleague play may not be as easy as you might think. The in-game schedule generator doesn’t support it, and the third-party schedule utilities can be a headache. But I guess that’s mostly up to Zev.

Another deal (because I’m not cookied on the league board at home and I can’t remember my password):

Virginia sends

Beliveau (MR)
Chapparo (3B)
Castelli (LF AAA)
Cokley (SP DL)
Dinwiddie (MR AA)
Camargo (C A)

to Kingston for:

Sargeant (3B)
Boll (SP)
Scull (SP A)

OK, the votes are in and we’ll expand by four teams for the 2004 season. If you are interested, please email me at commish@izev.com.

Zev Steinhardt

Time to ressurect this thread…

The 2003 season is now ending (we’re in the middle of the playoffs) and we’ll be starting the 2004 season in the next week or two. I’ve heard from three of the people who are interested in teams and am proud to announce that Hugh Jass, Mullinator and Wilson have been awarded franchises. I emailed omniscient but have not had a reply yet (and wolfman has no email address in his profile, so I couldn’t contact him).

That leaves up with one opening. If any is still interested in it (that included omniscient and wolfman) please email me at commish@izev.com.

If you have any questions about the game or the league, please feel free to contact me or post it here.

Zev Steinhardt

I’m interested, and I’ve emailed you. I’d be a complete newbie, though, and probably pretty clueless. If I play, where do I get the program? Do I just download it off the website, or what? Actually, I’m checking it out on the website right now, so I’ll hold my other questions until later. Count me in if you need an owner, though- this stuff sounds right up my alley.