Pocket knife roundup

I used to be a member of the most under-achievingest GSA troop EVARR. It’s not something that I’m terribly proud of.

I carry a Spyderco Delica with the half serrated, half plainedge. I’ve been abusing it recently, and should really take a bit of time and put a proper edge back onto it. Lovely little knife.

Locking 2.5 inch Gerber with a skeletonized handle in the pocket, Leatherman Juice on the belt.

I used to be a Camp Fire Girl, back when they WERE the Camp Fire Girls, instead of Camp Fire Club. Anyway, I carry a teeny tiny Leatherman multitool on my keychain, it might be a Juice or Micra, I’m not sure. It’s got scissors, knife blades, tweezers, and a toothpick, among other things. I love it. I use it frequently. My brother-in-law lusts after it.

I also have a couple of folding knives that I don’t carry in my pockets or purse, but live in my computer desk drawer. Useful for opening packages and the like.

Victorinox Swiss Army, Huntsman model. That baby has saved the day more than a few times, for situations as mundane as opening a letter, as daring as saving quarters from a broken washing machine, and as disgusting as extricating plant burrs from wayward fingertips. It is always in my purse (well, except on airplanes).

I wish I had two!

I have a nice 4-inch Gerber with a pocket clip. I mostly just wear it if I’m working in the field, hunting, or riding. Otherwise, it lives clipped to my visor in the truck.

Sorry, pinkfreud, I never was a Girl Scout.

A Zippo mini, 2" blade. Mine has the DIA logo on it.

For work, I usually carry a folding utility knife.
I have several other Gerber and Case knives for differnt purposes in various sizes, and a couple of Chinese made knives. Right now on my desk are 13 different knives. I also have a couple in each vehicle and a few more in various tool boxes and tackle boxes. I’ve lost a few over the years, too.

I carry either a Cold Steele Gunsite or a Kershaw Vapor II at all times.

Single blade 3" Buck pocket knife. I don’t leave home without it.

I suppose those Swiss Army Knife type things are handy, but I’ve got real tools if I need a screwdriver, fork or some-such.
Aren’t those multi-purpose knives heavy to carry around?

Mine’s an Opinel No 8 Carbone

Nice and light, the most secure lock on a folding knife, plus I’ve never seen anyone else with one.

Of course, it’s a mild carbon steel, which makes the blade is vulnerable to rust, so it has to be kept pretty dry when you’re not using it. And mine’s been around the block, so the blade’s getting pretty stained (anyone know any way to remove that? Although I don’t know if I want to, it’s quite a pleasing colour)

I’ve got a Buck Squire. A lot lighter than the 110, it’s only 3 oz.

Benchmade Stryker with partially serrated blade. And it’s full auto. Don’t carry it all the time cause it was pretty expensive and I’d hate to lose it.

Me too. I also carry three flashlights (at a minimum) when I fly, and I have an extra pair of flight gloves. You just never know.

Pen knife, 1 1/2" and 1" blades, mother-of-pearl handle with a jet inset on one side (mineral, not airplane). Handy for opening envelopes & plastic bags, slitting the shrinkwrap on game/software/model boxes, cutting the tape on giftwrapped presents to keep the paper from being torn, etc. It was my grandfather’s.

A small Gerber with a plain edge, one philips head screw driver, one set of scissors, one set of tweezers, three flat head screw drivers (one of which doubles as a bottle opener), and it folds out into a pair of pliers. I’ve had it for about a year and a half now, and it’s awesome.

A little Victorinox pocket knife, and a money clip with a single blade. On the belt of my work pants is a Gerber, and there’s a Schrade Uncle Henry with my forestry gear. Both travel bags have swiss army knives-nothing worse than being stranded in a motel room with wine and cheese, but no way to slice or remove a cork. :wink:

I have a good-sized Leatherman tool. I used to work alone in the field at one of those jobs where you never know what you’re gonna have to do from one day to the next, and those tools came in handy many a time. This thing was so attached to me that it travelled everywhere in the cell phone pocket of my personal bag.

In fact, I actually used that bag as carry-on on a trip to Europe in July 2001, and my tool went with me. Needless to say, I can carry it on no longer.

Victorinox Explorer SwArmy knife. It is my second Explorer, first one was lost to airport screening after I left it in a bag that was going to get checked but they wouldn’t let me because I spent an hour in line to get a boarding pass and therefore was 29 minutes from departure time when I hit the front of the line. That one was engraved by my wife and was purchased in Lucerne, Switzerland, as a birthday present in 1998, when we were traveling through Europe. New one is not engraved. It is about the largest Swiss Army Knife I would carry, and there is very little on there that is useless (the magnifying glass has even come in handy from time to time). I just wish I had a saw, but then you have to go to gigantor sized or lose the extremely useful Phillips head.

It is on a keychain with lab keys and assorted other non-everyday keys, and since being in clinics I have had much less use for it so it now lives in my backpack (as everywhere you look there are a pair of scissors or a scalpel or at least a blade of some sort and nothing needs a screwdriver).

Must remember to take it out of there before I start traveling again in November.

Like, apparently, lots of others, I routinely carry a 2 ½ inch Buck knife, single lock blade. It’s thin and light and fits in a front pants pocket without any trouble. The obvious question is why do I even need to carry a knife since I have to turn it in at every state and federal court house I walk into. No good reason. I just like to have a knife. I can use it to tighten the tiny little screws in my glasses.

Flying, folding, Leatherman style, and a small vice grips. ( ever had a fuel transfer lever come off the shaft? )

Sailing, stainless multi use on a lanyard around the neck when off shore.

Motorcycle, folding, large Swiss army , and an O’Henry on my belt.

I was just thinking about getting all my knives and putting them on a sheet and taking a pic for insurance purposes and the number is just staggering , not counting all the kitchen and utility and shop style cutting tools around here. Jeez, I have a bit of a pocket knife collection, hunting knives up to some pretty big Bowie knife sizes, collector stuff and just general pocket knives. Then there is the strange stuff, like the little tools that have knives or razors in them, straight razors cane swords and stuff that I have dragged home over the years… *::: Yeah Ethel, let them just keep on worrying about guns… heh heh heh ::: *