Pre-Poll Nominations -- TV Legends you miss the most

Joi Lansing
Carol Wayne
Charo

Not just Alfred, but the stable of actors he employed. “Lamb to the Slaughter” with Barbara Bel Geddes is arguably the best murder mystery ever. (It was the only episode of ***Hitchcock ***my dad remembered.)

For that matter, the immediate Ewing family on Dallas.

Joi and Carol, mmmmmmmm! :o

The cast of The Adventures of Superman, especially Noel Neill, grrrrrawrrr! :cool:

Noah Beery Jr as Joseph “Rocky” Rockford.

Stuart Margolin as Evelyn “Angel” Martin.

Gretchen Corbett as Beth Davenport.

Mariette Hartley as Althea Morgan on Rockford Files. She was nominated for an Emmy for this role!

Rockford had great guest stars, notably Louis Gossett Jr, Isaac hayes, Tom Selleck, and Dennis Dugan.

Pierre Jalbert as Caje on Combat!

Add: Chuck Jones, Mel Blanc

One thing is getting clear: too many names for ONE poll! Maybe we need some categories to subdivide this huge list.

For starters:

Series comedies
Series dramas
News and Sports
Documentaries
Stand alone (up) comics
Musical stars as hosts or main guests
Cooking and Crafts shows

Name some others that have already been indicated or some we need to explore further.

Rock shows
Jazz shows
Folk shows
“Reality” shows

Maybe combine stars from one series into full casts, except when one really stands out (e.g., Gleason in The Honeymooners)?

Can you explain how that would work, please?

Jack Klugman
Tony Randall
Jan Smithers
John Chancellor
Linda Ellerbee
Jim McKay

WHAT? And leave out Art Carney???

George Burns and Gracie Allen

It looks like you have WAY too much time on your hands.

For example, “Jackie Gleason and the rest of the Honeymooners cast.” No slight intended for Art Carney or anyone else; it’s just that Gleason was the driving force behind the show.

A bit subjective, perhaps, but still…

Dick Van Dyke in his prime

Coach from Cheers

Jon Stewart (too soon?)

Barbara Billingsley
mmm

John Byner.

I started to suggest Jack Benny, but decided I’d rather have him in the Legends of Radio poll.