Salt and Pepper Shakers

[Eve gathers her emeralds warmly about her and glares through her lorgnette]

“Shakers?” Aren’t they that religious cult in New England? Salt and pepper should always be served in tiny bowls, lined in blue glass and accompanied by itty-bitty spoons (if the 1980s left any of the itty-bitty spoons unstolen by your friends, IF you know what I mean . . . ).

Sorry Eve, you’re thinking of QUAKERS!

And for you Publix shoppers out there, does the salt go in the pilgrim or the pilgrim’s wife?

Muffin—

“Don’t question me, young man!”

Ah, but which was so important that it originated the term “salary”?

<<hijack>>

AWB said:

Sorry, but this sentence just sounds so delightfully perverted, I couldn’t let it pass without comment.

<<end of hijack>>

Oh, sure, the Romans (IIRC) were paid in salt bricks. But pepper was even MORE expensive, and it wasn’t at all common. Sort of like I’ve got tumeric (sp?) in my spice cupboard, but not saffron.

Sorry for the long delay in checking up on this topic.

I have salt goes in the shaker with few holes 5 to more hole 3.

I have searched the web endlessly for an answer. Their must be an answer out there somewhere.

Hey Ike, don’t you ever get a nose bleed from taking the high road all the time? :wink:

However in this case I tend to agree. I have a big ole’ pepper mill with a crank on top for pepper, and a regular ole’ salt shaker with 8 or 10 little holes in it.

Oh, and AWB:

Thank you for bringing images of you mom’s “set of shakers” into our heads.