Sandra Bernhard makes rape funny again!

Quite a few of the commenters on that link you provided claim they watched the original YouTube of her joke and that Bernhard’s denial is a lie.

What youtube? There is no youtube.

Well, that’s true at least, but points off for being Jimmy Kimmel’s pin cushion.

Hey, good news! Kimmel and Silverman broke up! Go for it, dude.

You realise that “cold” is just a lack of “heat/temperature”.
So without “heat/temperature”, something is cold.

You can’t have just a “neutral temperature that is neither hot nor cold” (without it containing some form of “temperature”).
Idiot.

I think the issue with murder is there’s (by definition) no victims of it around to be hurt by the jokes. Rape victims are around and jokes can hit them in a painful way.

That said nothing is sacred. I’m prolly going to hell for this but I thought this was funny when I saw it on 4chan

Only Zuel?

Cosmic Background Radiation. There is most certainly temperature in space.

There is a YouTube that is purported to be the segment, but it’s been removed, so until a clip surfaces, it can’t be proven.

Here is the fact, though. Theatre J’s own blog has an article & tons of comments about it- see the OP link. There is not one hint that it never happened until SB denied it. And as bileful & venemous as the extant clips of her act are, I have no reason to doubt she could say it.

And such a great denial it is, too.

I hereby take back anything bad I said about her sense of humour, because that denial, folks, is fucking hilarious.

:rolleyes:

You assume no murder victim is ever survived by any loved ones. Nothing could be further from the truth.

And yet rape victims on par suffer more psychological trauma then the surviving loved ones of murder victims. Why that is.I don’t know for sure. I suspect death of a loved one is something we’re likely to experiance several times in life so we have more tools to deal with it.

It’s a complex issue and worthy of it’s own thread.

I’ll be happy to discuss it with you further if you want.

However if that was a failed attempt at drive by snark then peace be with you.

Oh… I don’t know, Sandra has some good points. (links to not completely SFW youtube video)

There’s also the fact that until very recently, rape was something that women (victims of rape or not) were discouraged to talk about, even with other women. Up until probably 20 or 25 years ago being a victim of rape was something that you covered up and treated as a dirty secret.

So, the segment on The Daily Show where Jon Oliver asks the McCain campaign member if Palin supported having “the ocean pay for its own rape kits?” funny or not?

Q: Why does Mike Tyson cry after sex?

A: Because of the pepper spray!
Funny?

Yeah, but now they’re back together

For what it’s worth I find both Silverman and Bernhard to be horribly disgusting people.

I have this ongoing game with a few friends: The idea is we would fill a bus I’d like to pack full of people and drive it off a cliff.* The Simpsons stole my idea when they did that episode where Lisa and Marge get to go on the “good” rocket to space, but Bart and Homer get on the one that is going into the sun and the passengers included Rosie, Tom Arnold, Paulie Shore, et. al. Anyway… that’s another thread…

*Obviously, I wouldn’t be driving. That job goes to Adam Corolla

OK, I’ve been sent an email pointing me in the direction of Jim Goad of http://www.jimgoad.net/ and I see the error of my ways. I really was way off when I said that it’s hard to make rape funny, he sent me some gags from the ‘Answer Me!’ magazine of a few years ago, when he tackled the sensitive topic of rape in such a heartfelt way. I didn’t actually ask get JG’s permission to slightly modify the jokes, but I figured that they would be far more appreciated if I made a couple of slight changes.

“You have a choice”, said the rapist to Sarah Palin. “I can rape you, or I can kill you.”
“How big is your dick?” she asked.
“Three inches.”
“Kill me, then!”

Q: If Sarah Palin was blind, how could she identify her rapist?
A: Guess she’ll just have to fuck him again!

Q: Name one good thing about raping Sarah Palin.
A: Just one?

Q: What do you call Sarah Palin when, after being gang raped, she decides not to press charges.
A: A good sport.

“Call me daddy”, said the rapist to VP candidate Sarah Palin.
“I don’t think so”, she bravely replied. “Daddy’s dick was much bigger!”

Drunk #1: “Do you smoke after raping Sarah Palin?”
Drunk #2: “No, but I sizzle a little!”

and …

Q: How may rapists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Only one, but they prefer soda bottles.
[OK, that’s got nothing to do with SP, but if you imagine it’s her, it’s much better.]

I’m not sure he’s quite got the idea of political correctness, but I’m working on it with him.