Saturday Night Live

UBB 5.+ is one of the lamer forum progs, that’s why.
As far as your assigned demographic goes I am well over 23 and generally cold sober on Satuday nights, and I enjoy SNL immensely.

this space for rent

The original SNL was the funniest show on TV, ever.
Peace
mangeorge

“If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything” Mark Twain 1894

Back to the original topic, I’ve seen some SNL’s on Comedy Central where they have shown both performances of the musical guest. I’ve seen shows where the first skit with the “Live from New York, it’s Saturday Night!” has been cut out. As far as I can tell, about the only that’s safe in the shows is the host’s monologue. Everything else is subject to the preferences of the Comedy Central editors.

Thanks for the answer. Now I have another question. What ever happened to Joe Piscopo? I thought he was pretty funny on SNL but never heard anything about him after he left.

[[ What ever happened to Joe Piscopo? I thought he was pretty funny on SNL but never heard anything about him after he left.]]

"A maturing Joe Piscopo taught us how to laugh … "
He’s probably a bouncer or a mob enforcer somewhere, after all the steroids he seems to have pumped into himself.

<< [[ What ever happened to Joe Piscopo? I thought he was pretty funny on SNL but never heard anything about him after he left.]]
"A maturing Joe Piscopo taught us how to laugh … "
He’s probably a bouncer or a mob enforcer somewhere, after all the steroids he seems to have pumped into himself. >>

The IMDb (www.imdb.com) has the 1996 movie Open Season as his most recent work.

Murphy’s Law:
“If there are two or more ways of doing something, and one of them can lead to catastrophe, then someone will do it.”

• Capt. Edward A. Murphy, Jr., USAF, 1949

Suprised no one has mentioned FNL-Friday Night Live.

Joe Piscopo also provided the voice of a claymation Frank Sinatra in a recent iced tea commercial.

this space for rent

Rasputin
Member posted 04-09-99 04:22 PM

I just saw one of the Comedy Central shows today. Chevy Chase hosted and they cut out his monologue. I guess then that nothing is safe.

“[He] beat his fist down upon the table and hurt his hand and became so
further enraged… that he beat his fist down upon the table even harder and
hurt his hand some more.” – Joseph Heller’s Catch-22

Take away what you will, but don’t you dare cut anything with Matt (Live in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER) Foley.
Also, I was quite bummed when Harry Carey bought the farm, because no longer would I see Science Talk with Will Ferrell as bag o/ nerves Harry Carey.

*Join us next week when our guest will be Albert Einstein. Oh! I’ve just been informed that Mr. Einstein’s been dead for over forty years! That’s ok, we’ll try to get him any"

jcamacho66 mentioned the “Friday” show. It was a blatant rip-off of SNL but it did have some funny stuff. Most notably Michael Richards as the psycho little kid with the mushroom cloud on his T-shirt and as “Dick” the lounge lizard. I believe Larry David, the main writer for “Sienfeld” was also on that show.

Wasn’t “Kramer” on that Friday show too?

You guys sure don’t have much to look forward to on SNL.Back in the early days I had a 12 inch black and white TV and it was still worth watching. We had no VCRs.So you had to do more barhopping fridays to stay home and drink beer saturday, even if it was by yourself.