Should a 32-year-old guy ask out a 22-year-old girl?

What pravnik said. It’s just a date, it’s not an arranged marriage. (I hope.)

As has been pointed out, it isn’t so much the age difference, as it is the life experience difference. Try it out, see if it works.

Hubby and I got together when I was 21 and he was 32. We had our 13th anniversary last month.

Go for it. My SO is 14 years older and we have a great time. At some age it all starts to average out and the differences don’t mean as much.

Just that you don’t remember the same Saturday morning cartoons (except the various Bugs Bunny shows of course). :wink:

If you have to ask, you shouldn’t do it. :wink:

32 and 22, eh, not that big a deal.

It’s a DATE. The entire point to a date is to find out if you’d like to spend more time with the person. If the maturity levels are too far apart, well, you’ll find out on the date.

I was 34 when I met the woman I’ve been married to for the past dozen years. She was 23. (So much for Sua’s rule of 7. :))

Any age-romance rule that doesn’t involve a geometric mean isn’t worth diddly.

Well let’s see I was born 29 Dec 1960, my wife was born on 20 Mar 1961… been 3 happy years so far, but I robbed the cradle!
:smiley:

When I was 40, I dated a woman of 24. Hey, she started it. As long as both of you are happy with things, what the hell is the difference?

A quick question, how would you feel if the age difference was the other way round?

I know I would have been delighted to be asked out by a 32 year old woman when I was 22. It would have worried my parents if it got serious, but I would have been able to convince them eventually.

I’m 45. Gimme her number, I’ll call her! :smiley:

I’m not age prejudiced ('cept where the law is concerned) so ask her out, no way you know if she would say yes, unless she asks you out …

js_africanus said:

Yeah. And where are the spec limits? You need spec limits. And error bars.

Seriously… The biggest issue I’ve found with wide age disparities is that the older person can tend to dominate the younger person - but it depends on the couple. Just beware of that tendency. Don’t talk down, don’t dismiss her ideas and feelings because she hasn’t ‘been there’.

I’d say an age gap like that is one strike. But you’ve still got two more to hit it out of the park.

My sis at the tender age of 18 married a 35 yr old.
The fact that they are divorcing has nothing to do with that (well a little bit but not pertinent to this discussion). SOOOOOOOO

what the heck? Go for it. The worst that can happen is she’ll giggle and say somethin like “oh my heck! Go home grandpa! giggle giggle”:smiley:

When he was 22, she was 12.

Creepy.

shiver

No, not at all. I was 22 when when I starting seeing my husband (he was 32). I’m 31 now and he’ll be 41 in October. The only time I can recall it coming up in conversation is when we have a discussion about children’s programmes, usually after watching scraping-the-barrel shows like "I heart 1971, 72, 73…etc. Choppers, yeah!

I prefer to date way older men. Guys my age are too immature.

A few people might look askance, but it’s not that big a deal.

I hope you don’t take too much offense at this, but in my experience, young women who say that they date older men because men their own age are too immature… are pretty immature themselves.

I realize back in the 50’s things were a little different, but my mil was 18 when she married my fil who was 33. They were married til the day he died.

Go for it!