Sibling rivalry at its finest

That’s because she is a slut. There’s no shade of gray in this scenarion. It’s not her showing sexual desire in general, it’s the fact she has a physical list to keep track of what she’ll be doing with which guy she knows. Nevermind the physical list, the fact she had it all planned out like this makes her a slut.

Any girl who does that is a slut, period.

Shit, an argument can be made she’s more of a slut than your typical run-of-the-mill variety. A single gal out on the town that meets a handsome and charming man and goes to bed with him quickly is a far far cry from a girl having a list of Things To Do and Who With.

EDIT: And it should be noted for the Overly Sensitive Types, that a girl that meets a handsome and charming man and goes to bed with him in relatively short order is not a slut unless she’s consistenly doing that and in short periods of time with multiple men.

But why is a girl who does that a slut, but a guy isn’t?

A guy that had a list like this I guarantee would be looked down upon by most people, just not as vocally as for a girl.

I have actually known a guy that had a list of sorts resembling this type of list and when I’d tell guys about it, they would show genuine dislike for the concept and act of what he was doing.

Something like this is something you just don’t do, plain and simple, guy or girl.

Yeah, I’d say Gene Simmons has generally gotten more scorn than envy/praise for his “collection”.

Judgemental much? Maybe women who have a lot of sex with a lot of men just like sex. Maybe they have a different morality than you do (it’s entirely possible, since there are six and a half billion of us on the planet, that you don’t have the one true morality).

Because he’s not known for other things? Like some band he was in and that was a little popular that helped endear people to him? :rolleyes:

A normal ol’ guy or girl who does something like this will be looked down upon.

Meh, who cares about morality? If she fits the generally accepted definition of a slut, she’s a slut. Her motives don’t matter and nor do my own opinions of such people, nor do you views.

If someone fits the generally accepted definition of being “short” then they’re short. Doesn’t matter why they’re short or if there are people shorter than them or what I think about short people. They’re short.

Same goes for tall or any other descriptor you can give a person.

The girl in the OP is a slut.

I am fascinated by Covered’s ongoing treatise on the nature of slutdom. Please, enlighten us further! It’s like watching some kind of documentary on Stone Age tribes.

Anyway, I kind of hope this isn’t real, because dude, if that had happened to me when I was in high school, I can’t even begin to imagine what I would have done. Possibly I would have contemplated killing myself. Or my brother. Maybe both at the same time.

Yeah. It bothers me that a woman’s virtue is still important because this list shouldn’t make a difference. And it bothers me that it still does.

What are you, new here? If there’s anything some time on the Dope should teach everyone, it’s that there’s not much generally accepted about anything having to do with sexual matters.

Not by me but I don’t think much of the brother.

I think the brother’s awesome, she should not have told on him for the beer.

Funny, I saw how just the other day Paul Stanley told a paparazzi (in so many words) that he thinks Gene Simmons is lying about the massive numbers of women that he claims to have slept with.

I am sure that Gene Simmons has been plenty busy over the years, but I also think he has inflated his number of “conquests” by a huge amount, I suppose to feed his ego and garner attention, which his so called music career is obviously not doing too much of these days…

Maybe he just counts each orifice as a different conquest?

I don’t think it’s ever ok to sexually humiliate a young woman. The list is probably 90% idle fantasy anyway, the modern equivalent of doodling “Mrs. Dude Ihaveacrushon” in your notes.

Then this young lady learned a valuable lesson about the ramifications of being a bitch. It’s not like she cared about her brothers well-being and was afraid of the consequences for him that he drank alcohol. The only reason she’d tell on him to their parents are she wanted to get him in trouble.

Assuming this is real - she snooped in his room and got him in trouble for it. If I was her, I would have cleared everything and anything even remotely embarrassing out of my room well before I ratted my brother out to our parents. Not expecting some kind of payback is really not smart.

Well, really we don’t know that. For all we know the kid is a budding alcoholic who drives drunk all weekend. All we have is the kids’ version of events (MY parents are mad at me because they are Asian! Huh?) which probably isn’t the best source.

Maybe she was just being a bitch, but I still think this crosses a line. Being labeled a slut (A word I would love to have removed from the vocabulary) at a delicate stage in her sexual development could have ramifications for her life well into the future, as well as the relationship between family. But he’s a kid, and they’re not known for thinking ahead.

Seriously. Can you imagine being Monica Lewinsky’s boyfriend until the end of time?

“You want me to do what? Don’t you have any idea how much trouble that can get you into?”

she snooped in his room and told the parents, he snoops and tells the world. that is a bit uneven.