Simpsons from Northern Kentucky?

I mentioned the Kentucky theory in another thread once. Kentucky is the only state which has a Springfield and a Shelbyville in reasonably close geographic proximity. The writers probably noticed this, too, and were just having a little fun with it.

Come on! “Rappin’ Jimmy Carter?” (“Got a brother named Billy, my teeth look silly!”) ??? Even my HUSBAND was rolling at that one!

You didn’t notice they were all wearing Partrige Family outfits at the fair? Oh, man. That is rich.

(I personally almost lost it when they showed that “clip” of the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL plastic bag, a la American Beauty.)

Yes, I will concede that it had it’s funny moments. Every episode is brilliantly written. That show has to be the best written program in television history. But I thought last nights show demonstrated that the writer’s are starting to run out of material. So shot me.

Running out of material? Nahh… not after Lenny and Carl’s “interracial homoeroticism”.

Haha.

And right down the road from Shelbyville, Kentucky is…wait for it

SIMPSONVILLE!!!

Ronnie - Did I ever tell you where your name actually came from? E-mail me for details.

homer@micoks.net

–Tim

High-five to everything DoctorJ said. I’m from Danville.

[hijack]

Homer: You used the name once in a thread you started about someone using your identity. You said a cop that pulled you over said some guy named Ronald Barnhardt was the culprit.

Prior to that, you started a thread in The Pit and you went on a rant that was full of racist remarks. I (Therealbubba) and several others called you on it. We exchanged terms of endearment several times. It was classic Pit.

I changed my ISP and puter, and was unable to retrieve my password. I had to create a new screen name, I was angry with you, and Ronald Barnhardt was the name I picked.

That was six months ago. You’re really not a bad kid at all, and your posts are fun to read. If my handle is bothering you, and the admin’s will allow it, I’d be happy to change it.

If you’d rather go on slinging mud at each other, that’s OK too.

[/hijack]

Homer was watching an animator working on an “upcoming” episode, and says to the animator something like, “Don’t worry. This will be the last season,” implying that the animator was sick of drawing badly written cartoons.

When the season-ending Simpsons episode was rerun on July 12th, the closing line about “this northern Kentucky family” was changed to “this <i>southern Missouri</i> family”.

Perhaps they have a bit about all 50 states, to be used randomly and interchangably during reruns.

–Tim

If you watch the credits for that show, there a producer named “Weernot F. Romkyormo” = “We’re not from KY or MO.” Kentucky or Missouri, that is.

You people have way too much of an affinity for The Simpsons. Then again, so do I. Anyway, I lived in SEMO (Southeast Missouri) for seven years, so I’d be somewhat pleased if the little yellow freaks were from Southern Missouri. It would actually explain a lot. Not much chance of that, thanks to good old Weernot. BTW, has anyone else seen a cartoon so self-depreciating and self-conscious when making references to itself or cartoons in general? The Itchy and Scratchy Show is a long-running gag aimed straight at where The Simpsons got its start, on some defunct variety show. And whenever they are self-referential, they make some interesting gags that show off just how stupid the idea of a cartoon being self-referential actually is. At least that’s my impression.

No way they are from Kentucky. They are from middle America.

They’re not Southerners, they’re not New Englanders, NY’ers, Californians, Texans, from the Rockies, Scandinavians from MN, from ND, SD, MT any of those places, not from Florida, NB, NM. That leaves middle America, where they are supposed to be from.