So, Walker won the election. Will he now be indicted?

No, it gained its own thread last evening. It has been discussed in other Wisconsin-related threads.

Not a dumb approach, nor an unethical one, nor an unusual one. They’re obviously fishing in fishy waters.

Well, in the sense folks voted for Biden. I mean, even if the Wisconsin LG gets a separate ballot-line and ticket-splitting is possible, they voted for her as part of the Walker-package. And voted again yesterday against recalling her – there’s really no such excuse for that, under the circumstances.

I intend to start a thread with the intention of discussing cuts to the capital gains tax.

Should I title it, “Beware of the leopard!” or “Pokemon: Gotta Catch 'Em All?”

You still need to work on your lameass material.

Yes, because the only acceptable material is something along the lines of “Conservatives and Republicans want to eat babies, kick puppies, and kill all the brown people.” Even, if you want to discuss Pokemon or the dangers of feral felines.

Obviously.

Nothing could be more obvious.

Well, one thing – the fact that Walker is so obviously bad he’ll be recalled. THAT is more obvious.

Am I right? Huh? Let’s hear it!

:sigh:

OK, so is the topic “Walker: Indicted Tomorrow or Friday?” or is it something about what kind of a governor Kleefitch would make if she assumed the post following a Walker resignation, or following a Walker removal from office precipitated by a felony conviction?

Fair enough, I scanned through a few that I could find and didn’t see much about it, but my search wasn’t exhaustive.

Could this business be any more transparent?

Does it make you feel better to have lots of threads telling you how your worldview is really correct, even when the actual world is telling you it isn’t? Are you really happy being the Pauline Kael of the 21st century?

How about a thread asking why some liberals on the Straight Dope are so easily entranced by their wishes for how things should be that they lose all ability to judge the realities of how things are?

Of course, I don’t know what a good thread title would be. “IDH Mutations: Oncometabolite Deregulation of Epigenetic Remodeling,” would be my guess.

Can a kind mod possibly change the thread title?

Maybe to something like this.

“If Walker were to leave office. Can Keeflitch be a competent governor?”

Someone can start another thread about the possibility (or non-possibility) of a Walker indictment if they’d like.

Judging by the linked video, I don’t think she’d be competent to work in a Quick-e-Mart.

Nope. Still needs work. And thought.

I’m too exhausted to get into the politics, but jeez, could you guys come up with a few more ways to misspell her name?

It’s Kleefisch. Pronounced CLAY-fish.

</public service message>

I was just working with the information provided…but no wonder Google didn’t give me any love on that name.

Never mind whatever’s at the bottom of the Milwaukee County DA’s investigation, Walker deserves a federal indictment just for lying under oath to Congress.

Know who lies to Congress the most??

Congressmen.

That depends. When your Pokemon evolves, is the increase taxable?

Depends on the cost basis. A Pokemon you got as an egg from the Day Care couple is calculated differently than a Pokemon you catch.

And of course items like Dawn Stones are fully deductible if purchased to evolve Pokemon.

Yes, but they’re allowed to do that. It’s in the Constitution.

That sounds familiar for some reason. I don’t know why, but I keep thinking of blue dresses with DNA on them, cigars and, oddly, blowjobs.

The irony factor if this is what they try to do here (after doing this stupid recall, which is now going to open this new gambit up for future exploitation with gods know what results) is going to pretty much be off the scale. I’ll either need to heavily shield my irony meter behind a series of Faraday cages, lead shielding and old Twinkies (stacked in a specific geometric pattern), or just resign myself to buying yet another new industrial strength meter. :eek:

-XT