So who'd win in an all-superheroes fight?

Actually, that was God that put a whuppin’ on the Spectre. Nabu just provoked him into such unholy wrath that God couldn’t ignore what the Spectre was doing anymore.

But the Saint of Killers killed God. I think he himself is unkillable by definition. I have to go with the SoK.

(The real problem is that despite the fact that they are comic book characters, I’d be hard pressed to describve the SoK, God, or even Nabu and the Spectre as “Superheroes”. The other problem is that many supers have achilles heels. Anyone with a magic sword has a decent chance against Superman, but that doesn’t mean that someone else without a magic vulnerability that Superman could beat wouldn’t pound them).

I’ll go with Batman, for real. He already has plans in place to defeat other DC heroes as needed. More importantly, he’s also crafty enough to be able set one hero against another in such a way as to get rid of a good many of them without having to personally go toe to toe.

Goku and Vegeta walk in, go SSJ4, do the Fusion Dance, and Gogeta wipes everyone away with one blast. End of battle.

This could work, except that in the 3-4 hours it takes them to scream their way to full power everyone would get bored and leave.

Upon further reflection, I’d have to say there is also a very good chance that Duke Togo (aka Golgo 13) would end up as last one standing. He has the “always wins” mojo just like Batman, but isn’t handicapped by inhibitions against killing.

He knows everything that’s going to happen but he can’t change any of it.

I second this. Cite.

Squirrel Girl - heck, she was able to beat Thanos.

Johnny Thunder: “Say, you, I want to win this fight.”

Franklin Richards at his power peak?

Yeah, but he can’t change any of it because he’s already acted on it!

So your assertion is that D.M. has acted upon everything that ever will happen anywhere in the universe? Man, I’d hate to try to keep track of his appointment book.

I don’t see, logically, how Rogue can be defeated. Last I heard she was already nearly invulnerable, and she can steal other people’s powers just by touching them.

Not at all. It’s clear in Watchmen that he doesn’t have to be aware of the entire universe (though I suspect he could) but that he IS aware of anything that happened/happens/will happen in any time and space in which he is resident. He occupies a weird, counterintuitive space where he knows what events will occur but often acts on them as if he were entirely surprised. He is both free will AND predetermination. Note how surprised he is when

Laurie informs him that she’s going with Dreiberg. By all rights he’s known about it since the day he became Dr Manhattan but he’s clearly surprised.

But contact with an Alien throws her into shock/unconsciousness.

This means that even G’nort could beat her with one pinky. That’s truly sad.

You are a wise, wise man.

I give a vote for Image comic’s Solar.

I would vote for Beyonder, but it seems everybody with a Toaster, a rubber band, and a swiss army knife can take his near-infinite power away and do with it as they will.

Next Episode:

MacGuyver becomes the ulitmate power of the cosmos, watch out bad guys!

Which counts as defeating him by any definition worth considering. He allowed himself to be killed - and delayed that inevetability! - in order to provoke the Spectre to the point where God had to intervene.

Through Nabu’s actions, Spectre was defeated.

By Nabu’s power, Nabu survived long enough to do this.

Nabu defeated Spectre.

Some good ideas. I like the Saint of Killers killing everyone, even that fool Dr. Manhattan (would he even fight?), except for Death and Jesse Custer. Death doesn’t die (she may be “re-imaged” (for lack of a better word) like her brother). Everyone has to listen to Jesse, even Nabu and the Spectre. But, like Death, Nabu becomes something else, and the Spectre goes to someone else. However, once they’re all done away with, in some fashion, Death tells Custer to die.

Batman, however, could beat the crap out of Jesse with or without the word (if he is prepared, natch ;))

How could the Saint kill the Atom?

I already know how the Atom could kill the Saint.