Stargate: Atlantis 06/01

Yeah, I don’t know…the last 3 or 4 episodes have really fallen flat for me. I mean…in the middle of this pressing struggle to save the entire galaxy from enslavement, and SG-1 takes time off to go harrase some drug (grain) dealers? Sure I’m sure that some day -to-day stuff is still going on with all the other SG teams, but I’d think that SG-1 has better things to do than the past 2 or 3 episodes have had them doing.

They said after they send it through the supergate they wouldn’t be able to tell if it worked for a while. The Ori priests will still have their powers and the people will still believe, so it could take a while to have an effect on the everyday level.

Just watched Atlantis last night. Knew it was happening, but I didn’t know when. Realized it was this episode when I saw the guy in surgery the first time. They didn’t get into how he will feel about the whole thing. Don’t know what they were thinking. But I am looking forward to him coming back next season.

Riiight. As opposed to, say, I don’t, maybe Lost? No improbability there. No cheesy plots there. No cliches there . . .

In case it’s not obvious: I’m a big Stargate fan, and I despise Lost.

I’m pretty sure I remember reading that the decision to cancel Stargate SG-1 came AFTER they had filmed all of this season’s episodes. So the piddling around they’re doing is because they thought they would have another season after this one. And if that’s all true, it’s likely that there will be no wrap up at all, it will just piddle away.

Not that I, frankly, am sorry to see it go. Crichton and Aeryn have TOTALLY put the show into the crapper. Not to even mention that the writers are clearly dry. The Ori are just the Gu’auld repackaged, but without any of the interesting bits.

I thought it was common knowledge that Carter will become a regular on Atlantis after SG-1 is gone.

And what show doesn’t suffer from cliches, exactly? Stargate’s been around for so long, it’s clicheing itself. That being said, I enjoy the fact that the show doesn’t always take itself seriously and often has moments of self-referential levity.

In case it’s not obvious: I’m a big Stargate and Lost fan, and don’t see the need to compare generalizations about them against one another. What is the motive behind the “I love X and hate Y” assertion common to these discussions anyway? To ridicule the taste of others? Always an admirable thing to do.

What were the producers supposed to do to top the Goa-uld, exactly? A giant space amoeba that eats planets? The Ori are a natural progression of the ascension plot, and they give the Ancients – who until recently couldn’t be bothered to get involved in the affairs of the galactic races at large – a real threat to be dealt with because they are the counter to the all-powerful Ancients. As far as the piddling away, there will be two feature-length films made to bring closure to the SG-1 story to address the hanging issues in the wake of the show’s cancellation, as well as to serve as a transition into the third series which is currently in the planning stage, which I personally think will be something of a ‘reboot’ (how’s that for a pop cliche?) for Stargate.

I watch all three.

HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!! :mad:

But it did explain why he was featured in an article about Stargate: Atlantis. :dubious: