Strange name for a construction company

There’s a concrete finshing company in downtown Orlando called Putzmeister.

Allred Optical

Thanks, but that’s not how I want my eyes to look.

We have an insurance company here called “Six and Geving.”

Every damn time I see an advert of theirs I think “Sex and Giving” with no thoughts to the real name. I have to train my thinking every time.

Hehe, I remember it don’t I?

The most ill-conceived business name I know of is Barren Investments, which is based in the tiny township of Hope, B.C. (How ironic is that?)

They were a client of a company I worked for for many years, and I know that they’ve been using that name since at least 1990 – and they’re still sticking with it.

You’d think that at some point, someone might suggest a less pessimistic sounding name… :confused:

I keep seeing a van in my town marked Sue Doe Catering. Granted, pseudo catering is less expensive than regular catering, but you just end up hungry again in an hour.

In Vancouver, there’s a vietnamese restaurant called “Pho Bich Nga”. Beat that.

Mmmm… Pho!

How about Fluke? Every time I see one of their multimeters I think of a slogan they can use: “If it’s accurate, it’s a Fluke!”

Uh, lessee… here in DC there’s a fairly large construction company called Hitt Contracting. Don’t be late with those payments!

When Valkyrie and I finally went to a JP in Arlington, VA to tie the knot, we chanced to look at the building directory on the way in. Prominently displayed on the directory was the name of a bail bond guarantor: Loveless Bonding.

If that isn’t a bad omen, I don’t know what is…

My friend lives in Colorado and told me there is a crane company in the vicinity called Frasier Crane. He’s supposed to get me one of their hats.

S & M Triangle Services
26963 Eckel Rd
Perrysburg, OH 43551
419-874-3723

I think it’s a lawn service, or landscaping company. Something like that.

I remember while driving through northern Wisconsin seeing a truck which empties septic tanks called “Stanke”.

I suppose it would be.

I always thought Rent a Wreck was an odd name for a car rental place.

Haha, yeah… I know the place. Haven’t eaten there, but I pass by it every three weeks or so.

Just wanted to bump the thread to tell you about this bizarrely-named restaurant near my place (that I just noticed today on my way home): Insomnia Karaoke Restaurant. :confused: I have NO idea what kind of business they want to have. My sister thinks the name is terrible, and everyone else I’ve told it to so far thinks it’s weird, at the very least.

F_X

There’s an insurance firm here in RI named Mastors and Servant.

Y’all must’ve heard of the Roto Rooter people, right? Around here (don’t know if it’s a chain or just a local woman) we’ve got Lady Rooter, too.

I’m not the only person in the world who thinks wrong things about the phrase “Lady Rooter,” am I? My family doesn’t get why I think it’s so funny!

My favorite business name is a demolition company here in MA called Oedipus Wrecks.

Speaking of Roto Rooter, I chanced to see a work truck parked at a convenience store a couple of nights ago: Dick Colon Sewage and Septic Repair :smack:

OK, San Francisco is built upon:

Rock (northern hills)
Swamp (Mission District)
Sand Dunes (entire western half)

Digging a hole here requires some specialized equipment and knowledge.

The company was named Underground Erection Company (until they got tired of the snickers and/or stolen barriers).

Now, they’re just Underground Construction Company. Boring.

And then we have Engulf & DeVour Construction. There is a photo of one of their trucks in the “National Lampoon True Facts” book, which is also full of other funny names, signs, ads (“20% off Kellogg’s Raisin Brain!”) etc. I highly recommend it for people who find this sort of stuff funny.

-Andrew L

FAG Bearings