Sunday venting; Thaddeus [S.] can die choking on his own shit! (long rant warning)

I hate it when people quote the whole OP in their post.

Really.

Do you fuckers not have debit machines? Up here they can do refunds onto debit cards.

Who the fuck even carries $100’s anymore? Thanks to bank machines the only time I have anything more than $20’s is when someone puts a $50 in an Xmas card.

I hope I’m the first one to try this.

Maybe this will do.

ETA: Sorry about that, bbs2k.

Too many smileys, did not read.

I could re-do it without the smileys, but I think that would be against the rules.

I understand your vexation at Thaddeus [S]. I do not understand what the “enter” key has done that so vexes you that you refuse to touch it.

Really, you guys should make up. Life is sort, and you and Enter made SUCH a cute couple.

if I read the op right sounds like the customer was trying to use you for banking purposes which you are not set up to do. I’d have referred him to a bank (depending on the time)

I didn’t really have any problem with the lack of paragraphs. Maybe I’m weird that way.

But what I don’t get is why he came in, bought a money order with cash, then came back later and tried to cash the very same money order. How does that make any sense? Scam?

Banks open on Sunday where you are?

Needn’t be a scam. Most likely he bought the money order to pay a bill that was due or overdue, and then discovered that his creditor would not take it and demanded the sum be sent by Western Union, Money Gram or some such way. He could not use the money order to make the new transaction and thus needed a refund.

None of which excuses the dickery.

They actually are where I am. At least the branches inside grocery stores.

I’ve been in the same industry as you for almost 20 years. You lost control of the situation when you let him get to you with the “panic attack” comments. To win the contest, you must never, ever let them see that they are under your skin. It just makes them madder and madder when you keep as calm as a cucumber. They HATE it.

But frankly, fuck him. If policy backs you up, and he’s an asshole, and he wants you to break policy, no way. He lost all goodwill points when assholishness ensued. IF YOUR ASS IS COVERED, and it seems like it was, fuck him if he can’t act like a human being.

Joe

Shitfuck, everyone has hundreds, it seems. When I count the safe deposit on Sat and Sun, we inevitably have taken in 25-35 hundred-dollar bills, which is about 25-30% of our cash intake. And I personally refuse at least a couple of hundies per shift, because of the reasons stated in the OP.

Joe

Let me get this straight. Thaddeus S. came into your store to get a money order refunded and told you to take a Xanax? Well, no wonder. That was Rusty Venture. He always acts like a dick.

Never post when you’re really angry and a buzzed.:o I can barely read my own post and I seem to have fallen into the deep end of Lake Crazy toward the end of the post. Anyway I spoke to my manager this morning. He’s behind me 100%. The guy was an asshole and we shouldn’t have even bothered trying to help him. If something like that happens again just tell them to come back tomorrow morning. If they refuse to leave call the cops. He also told me not to be afraid to call him at home if in my judgement that’s the best thing to do. He will being “having words” with the asshole next time he sees him in the store. Apparently we aren’t obligated to refund money orders even if we have funds on hand. Oh and I misheard my coworker.:smack: His name isn’t Thaddeus, it’s Theodus.

Oh that’s much worse. I’d mangle it as often as I could.

“Hello, Th odius”
“Anything else, Thud ius?”
“See ya next time, Theolius”

“Back again, Theodeolius?”