Super Bowl XLV

So her testimony alone would have been enough for a conviction? I don’t think so.

“Sure, he didn’t say there was a crime, but you know he was thinking it.”

Indeed. The reason we’re hated so much is because our team keeps beating their teams and we’re right there in the stands, relishing the whole scene. If we weren’t everywhere, or if the Steelers weren’t so good, we wouldn’t have this problem.

Not at all. They’re half of the game, and with them, comes the PR nightmare/asshole that is Ben Rothlisberger. Sure, I’d be more interested in talking about the actual football game, but with the Steelers comes their sideshows.

Maybe instead of “1st Annual Cheeseheads March to the Superbowl Thread,” you should have made this thread a poll, something like this:

What Super Bowl Topic of Discussion is Most Important:

1. Roethlisberger’s Inability to Form Lasting Relationship Issues
  2. Green Bay’s Suspect Offense
  3. Pittsburgh’s Dominant Defense
  4. Arlington’s Shitty Public Transportation and Traffic Issues
  1. Actually, he’s engaged now to a nice girl from New Castle, so…
  2. I suspect they will be beaten into the astroturf
  3. Than Dick LeBeau, there is none greater.
  4. They don’t do city planning in the Southwest.

Ha! I posted earlier this season that I thought Michael Vick finally had a chance to break that glass ceiling, and then for the past couple weeks I kept thinking that Rodgers probably had over 300 yards and I should look it up but I was never near the computer when I thought of it.

I’m not worried about the principle being undermined, I’m worried about it holding true.

You guys arguing that Ben is innocent, did you even watch the DA’s press conference or are you just talking out of your ass with nothing more than wiki cites to back you up? Here’s a clue: Steelers fans can edit wiki pages too.

In that press conference, the DA made it crystal clear he thought Ben was guilty, but he couldn’t convince 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt without the victim’s testimony.

Press conference:
Part 1 (13:42)
Part 2 (12:38)
Part 3 (11:40)

She had nothing to recant. She initially claimed that he had sex with her while she was seated on the toilet.

I have no idea what did or did not happen. Neither did she.

FWIW, I’m a Steeler’s fan, and I think he’s guilty as sin. There are quite a few of us who think so, so please don’t assume that all Steelers fans are of one mind.

And even if he DIDN’T do it, the guy has a rep around here of being a total asshole. (The typical walking out on bar tabs, rude and obnoxious to waiters and bar tenders, he’s been known to be a total shit at charity events, etc. Word gets around.)
Troy Polamalu for MVP!!!

Hey, guys? As much as the rape allegation colors my opinion of Ben Roethlisburger, can we move that discussion elsewhere?

I’m not arguing he’s innocent, I’m arguing he’s not guilty.

Oh please, what do you have to “back you up” other than internet sites? Do you have some privileged information here that the rest of us clods don’t have?

Dude, seriously, what the fuck? My cite about the press conference is the actual fucking press conference, in its entirety. This is a billion times more compelling than some bullshit summary paragraph on wiki.

Jesus Christ, I’ve seen some stupid posts on the dope before, but this one takes the cake.

So that’s how it works in American jurisprudence? Well, I have plenty of forensic evidence, but the victim won’t speak, so I’m not going to prosecute. Is that how D.A.'s operate? If so, I’d have to say that is sad testimony to the quality of legal education and practice.

So what part of the Wiki article is untrue? Did the medical examiners actually find somthing and are lying? Seriously, dude, WTF? Can you link to some empirical evidence that proves his guilt, something the D.A. couldn’t find, or are you just “talking out you ass?”

Just to be clear, you are talking about yourself, right? An opinion, even if it’s a D.A.'s, is just an opinion and has no room in legal jurisprudence. Why are you giving so much weight to the woman’s testimony when nobody else is, not even herself?

God, Hamlet, I’m sorry for shitting all over your “Super Bowl” thread. Like Airman Doors said in a similar thread, it’s bound to devolve into such crap.

So, how ‘bout the game, eh? I think the Steelers’ nickle package will be tested.

From your own link dude:

“The sexual allegation against Mr. Roethlisberger CANNOT be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.”

–Fred Bright

So, what, the woman’s testimony was the key and not forensic evidence? The woman who was intoxicated at the time, admitted by same D.A., in the same press conference?

Quotations (from your own link, 1st part):

Reporter: “Did that (the victim’s letter of capitulation) have any bearing on your ruling (?) here today?”

Fred Bright: “Let me make this perfectly clear: it made it, as a prosecutor, yes it made it easier. But had she not written, taken that position, the victim [alleged], her family, and her lawyers, that they did not want us to prosecute the matter at all. And they made it crystal clear in the letter. An honest answer is I would still be announcing the same result.” (no prosecution).

Ellis Dee, I have to ask what the hell you’re smoking?

So, the District Attorney opined that Ben was guilty. What else ya got?

Aaron gets to wear his favorite scrambling shoes, “Destroyers”, and a fast indoor stadium gives the green light to multiple receivers. If this puts Troy and company back into coverage instead of zone blitzes then the “test” becomes very interesting indeed.

(I’m not opening links at work. Are you guys talking about the golf tournament incident or the college bar bathroom?)

Start a new thread if you want this crap to continue please.