Survivor: Fiji 05/10

Kudos to me for paying attention. Thanks!

– IG

I didn’t hear that. This is what I heard:

After the votes are read and Stacy leaves Jeff says:

So the ‘yet another Immunity Idol’ is the other Hidden Immunity Idol, which Earl has.

I just think it’s funny that none of Dreamz’s strategic moves ever work out the way he thinks they will, yet he just keeps stumbling toward the final four. :smiley:

What’s really funny is that he actually realizes that they don’t work. When he tried to rope Cassandra into the vote-Yau-Man plot, he actually explicitly said that nothing he’s schemed for so far has worked.

I guess I misheard.

Not I. Useless bitch riding the “alliance train” and now she is also a traitorous bitch. So is Dreamz. :mad:

I think this remains to be seen. As it stands right now, nobody in any prior season who actually won the Car Challenge has gone on to win the million bucks. We’ll have to see how things shake out with Yau-Man and Dreamz. If it does work, though, it might be a once-off deal, because who would want to win the Car Challenge if it remains cursed? And who would accept a deal if that doesn’t help at all?

Or, he could do what I must admit I would do: throw the challenge. The deal is that IF he has immunity, he will give it to Yau. But he has to win it. That final Immunity Challenge is almost always something that involves stamina and balance – how hard would it be to “fidget” and fake a slip or fall? It would be shady, perhaps, but it’s a way out that honors the letter of the agreement, if definitely not the spirit.

Plus, I think that Earl knows that if he goes against Yau-Man in front of the jury, he might be hosed. Especially because this is one of those quasi-awesome “My question is YOU SUCK” juries. This is not an easy Jury to call; I think everyone is going to get at least one vote.

This is true, but I think that from Yau’s perspective, that’s a pretty good result too. If Dreamz deliberately throws the challenge, it increases the odds in Yau’s favor, and in Earl’s favor for that matter, and either of those outcomes is pretty good for Yau. In fact, at the time that Yau proposed the deal he probably still thought that Cassandra would still be on Yau’s side to the Final Four further tipping the odds in Yau’s favor even if Dreamz deliberately threw the challenge.

Exactly. Whether Dreamz wins the immunity and gives it to Yau, or throws the challenge so that somebody else wins, the point is that **Dreamz won’t have immunity ** and would be an eazy target for the others to pick off.

[…raising hand…] That would be me. I think it’s bad luck to be superstitious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you’re not alone, at least. I wouldn’t want anything to do with the Car Challenge. If they’d let me, I’d sit the damn thing out.

Maybe, but then again, maybe not. I can see this one from both sides: on the one hand, you want to surround yourself with allies who can get you as close to the end of the game as possible, but on the other hand, you don’t want to give the game away, either. It was actually a very good strategic move for both Cassandra and Dreamz to try to get rid of Yau-Man now, because neither of them can beat him with the jury. (Although, again, this is one of those volatile and unpredictable juries, where you can’t really guess what they’re going to do.)

20 minutes until the finale. Talk to you all afterward.

I may need some help later – right now I can hear what’s happening, but I can’t see anything, because apparently the God(s) of DirecTV hate me and want me to be miserable. This is killing me. Killing me dead.

Poor Yau Man.

Poor Dreamz.

Cassandra does not deserve to be where she is

ARRRRGH!

Right now my Dreamz sympathy reservoir is set at zero. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh, my sweet sweet Yau.

Rockle, I can’t believe it! You didn’t let Boo near your setup, did you?

Edit: Is this the first all-African-American final? I know it’s usually been only two people in it.

Heh. Nope. This is the dumbest thing ever. I can get every other channel, just not this one. It sucks! Grrrrrrr.

Also … yes, this is the first time there were two African-Americans in the Final, let alone three. I would love to contribute more comments, but … I can’t see anything! And with my luck, I won’t get the picture back until the Reunion Special, which I don’t watch anyway. Grrrrrrr.

So basically Dreamz broke his word not for a million dollars, but for a slight increase in cash prize between 4th and 3rd/2nd.

Lame!

I’m thinking second, since I think it’s unlikely that Cassandra is going to get any votes. So, assuming that the jury isn’t really stupid and gives Dreamz the money for the hell of it, I think Earl has got it locked up. In which case, Dreamz would end up with $100,000. If American taxes work the way I think they woud, he’ll lose 1/2 - 2/3 paying for the taxes on it, and on the truck. Yes?

Oh my God, this jury is messed up. Edgardo and Mookie and Alex are awfully bitter for people who finished NINTH, EIGHTH, and SEVENTH, respectively. Christ on a cracker. I’m all for fireworks at the Final Tribal Council, but I’m embarrassed on these people’s behalf. Not that they have the decency to be embarrassed on their own behalfs (behalves?).

Oh, and because it cannot ever be said enough: STFU, LISI! God.