Suspending the game (Oslo's 4th quarter poker bailout plan)

Congrats on the win. :slight_smile:

Should one of us set up a Thursday game as well, or should Missy kill hers and reschedule it?

Should any game next week count in the standings?

Weighty decisions, my friends. I think I need a majority vote one way or the other on the latter, as I am acting as the Official Chronicle of SDMB Poker.

*I used to think this was stupid, but last year Best Buy or somebody was offering a printer/copier/fax/scanner for $29 if you were there between 6 and 7 a.m. If I wanted one, I would have been there.

Plus a lesson I learned: if you think you might need new underwear, buy it now or be prepared to wait until February to buy it.

At my old job, once every three months or so, someone would get a poker game going on Friday evening. And we had quite a number of foreigners working there. One Friday, we had to write the order of the hands on a whiteboard for a guy from India who had never played poker before. Yep, he won.

Losing to Gut is not nearly as bad as losing to someone who has “a pair of Q’s.”

I was railing; nicely done.

Now, who was that on your left? Can you introduce us next time?

Sorry for not posting the results. I wasn’t sure of the protocol. I’m not sorry for winning though! See you guys this Thursday. I doubt my beginner’s luck will hold out.

A little backhanded compliment, you’ve come on strong here lately!

And I’m all for a Thursday game, or Friday game. Doesn’t matter to me, doesn’t have to count if somebody can’t make it (even though there have been plenty of weeks that somebody couldn’t make it and the points counted, holidays could be exempt for all I care).

Thursdays have always been tough on Thanksgiving, and, I suppose, when Christmas falls near there.

So I suppose we need an early heads up on who is available to play this week.

I’m in, we already had turkey day up here.

I think I can make it for Thanksgiving this year…we’re staying home except for our cleaning, painting, staining, yard work, etc. at my son’s new bachelor pad about 5 miles from our house.

Just a heads-up, since I don’t think any of us frequent the free roll tourneys anymore, but Crazy has a big freeroll this Saturday afternoon, pays 80 places from $1.50 to $250. Last one had 1600 players, paid 100 and I went out in 114th, might be some funds for the under funded.

I have the game up for Friday, as noted above. I cannot set another private table - Crazy will not let me.

Would someone be willing to put up a game for tomorrow night, and we’ll leave up the Friday one also for those of us who have nothing better to do on a Friday night?

I can’t seem to figure out how to create a game in Poker Time or I’d set it up.

I created one for Thursday at the usual time and place if anyone is interested.

You know I love ya Missy, but not when you’re being a whiny bitch.

:smiley:

Butthead.

What happened? The game was up, I was signed up, and now it’s gone.

I’m not finding it either.

Must be that the computer finally noticed that it wasn’t created 24 hours in advance and deleted it.

Dang it! I made it home from work just in time too!

Duck, Yeti and I are at Crazy playing the SnGs if you want to join - they cross over, don’t they? Right now Yeti and I are remaining on table 2315002.

I was actually on a decent roll, won 2 straight SnG, got a 2nd in another, cashed in the Freeroll. They have evidently relaxed the raked hand in the last 24 hour rule, I signed right up for the one I cashed in.

1st, 2nd, and 4th in Sng today. I just entered one that’ll be over about the time we play.

Tonight’s Results:

1. That River’n MF’r Yeti
  2. Root
  3. Duck
  4. Oslo
  5. Missy
  6. Gut