Tell me you don't want this desk

Moved (with great care and a lot of padding) from IMHO to MPSIMS.

Yes, but only in the presence of ionizing radiation.

CMC fnord!

Sorry, count me with those who say, “No way!” I’ve got an antique drop-lid secretary in my livingroom. Nice to look at, but no way is it a functional desk. Yes, it does have the little cubbyholes and a wide array of slots and such, but …

It was my great-grandmother’s. She didn’t get it new so nobody is exactly sure how old it is and if its worth anything. Trying to get one of my kids to take it off my hands but they only want the matching (sort of) grandfather’s clock that came along with it.

Back then, it would have been Latin, French and German.

I like it, but I fear I’d never find anything I put in it. I’m not terribly fond of the ornamentation - except the inlay on the inside of the writing surface.

It looks like the kind of desk Beethoven or Mozart would have written music at, if they were really James Bond.

Actually, I can. And they’re scary.

Exactly how many things does the average person have to hide in there?

I mean, I guess before ATM’s and safety deposit boxes in banks this might have been a good idea…but any thief with a hammer would most certainly have found what he wanted.

That’s pretty much how I feel about how it looks. And no, I don’t want a desk that takes 14 keys to get into all the secret compartments.

If there was a desk like this only with more modern styling, I’d say it was kinda cool, but I’d still want to admire it in a friend’s house rather than own one myself.

Okay, I will.

You don’t want this desk.

There, I did it.

I wonder what that thing weighs?

I would never remember which drawer had what I was looking for.

I could see right through his intentions.

If IKEA did sell it the D.I.Y part would probably defeat the purpose of secret compartments.

Or how to get into it!

Didn’t I see this desk on an episode of Wild Wild West?

These desks always amaze and impress me. The amount of craftsmanship required to make one of these is probably long gone.

Still, no matter what you’ve hidden inside the many hidden drawers, we can all access it with an axe or chainsaw. :smiley:

I’d spend all day fiddling with the doodads and whatsits and never get any work done.

So, pretty much how my days go now, but with poorer ergonomics.

The flip-out easel at the very end is damn impressive.

Ya know? I searched about 15 minutes trying to find out what it weighed, and although every site links to that youtube vid, I never found out anything else about it! :confused:

Weak Bing-Fu!

It’s gimmicky with no practical purpose.

And ugly.

I’ll pass.

I’ll grant you that it’s gimmicky, but I think it’s gorgeous.