That's right. It's SATAN who made you see those beautiful girls in the Jeep Wrangler.

More issues than the Enquirer, more hangups than Convergys. :rolleyes: <— him, not you

Thanks. That was just the mental picture I needed to complete my day.

I, for one, would bow down to our new Wrangler-driving chick overlords.

Dude. Whatever you do, don’t try and reason him back to reality. The more guys there are giving up women for Jesus (bad choice, IMHO - beard v. scratchy), the more attractive the rest of us get.

I don’t think there’s a huge danger of that.

I betcha Satan is just one more trick from turning him gay.

I want this guy for a friend! That way I can selflessly save him from the peril of hot chicks in Jeeps. It’s a win-win.

One of the characteristics I see over and over again among newly “born again” people is the abdication of personal responsibility. Nothing is their fault, it’s either god or satan or whatever.

This guy needs to get a grip. Or maybe he’s just a candidate for the psychological darwin awards.

I feel sorry for the chap. I think he’s more than born again - I think he’s IWB*.
*IWB = intercourse with biscuits = fucking crackers. Courtesy Popbitch.

I wonder if the fish is OK?

I went to a women’s college, and my roommate and her friend were really realizing how pro-active you have to be if you want to meet guys in that situation. My roommate was pretty religious (Christian rock, etc.) and her friend was sort of religious, and they said, hey, let’s go to church and meet some guys!

So there was this church where a lot of guys from Georgia Tech were rumored to go, so they went. And they got really involved. And then they start to find out that all these guys are “Bachelors Till the Rapture”, I am not making this up. They felt women were a polluting influence and that even marriage would make them stray from the true path.

In other words, we just couldn’t catch a break in college. :slight_smile:

He completely misread the signal. It was God telling him to get laid.

Who’d have thought Protestant born-agains would come back to the age-old Christian tradition of monasticism…

Oh, I’m sure he’s getting a grip. Every night.

By the way, last night I told my girlfriend about all of this, and she made fun of him by playing “The Girl Is Mine” by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney in iTunes and then successively clicking on a set of 45 (!) professional studio headshots that this guy had taken and posted on his Facebook account, so that they moved in rhythm to the song, in the manner of a flip-book. She was still mildly tripping from the acid she had taken earlier. The whole thing fit together remarkably well. I almost want to make an actual animated Flash movie of it and send it to him. Maybe that will lift his spirits higher than Jesus can.

God gets way too much blame, and Satan far too much credit, for things human beings are perfectly capable of screwing up all by ourselves.

Agnes Scott? There’s some cosmic social ineptness that separates GaTech’s horny but alone males and Agnes Scott’s horny but alone females. All it will take is one adventurous either mechanical or civil (most outgoing) major to hop onto Marta and find the vast promised land that is Agnes Scott, but while I was there, nothing. My friend set up a meeting with one semi-cute girl via Facebook, and not only was the picture not-correct (read: not even in the proximity of cute) she brought with her 3 or 4 highly awkward specimens of the female sex. Guys swarmed. It was weird.

Years ago I had a good friend that was a really great catch. VERY cute, smart, funny, educated, wordly… Pretty much the perfect woman. And she could not find a guy. (Yeah yeah – she didn’t want to “ruin our friendship.” :rolleyes:) So one day she got it in her head that if she went to a singing of Handel’s Messiah, maybe she could meet a guy there. She did. Great guy, she was crazy about him. The thing was, he was very religious, and wouldn’t engage in any sinful behaviors with her. Her resulting frustration was quite amusing.

See, for the purpose of this thread (and in my humble opinion, real life), I feel reversing your statement would be more accurate. :smiley:

Zsofia thanks for the insight into a (I’m sure a beautiful) woman’s world.

I didn’t date at all for four years there. I just don’t understand it - there’s practically a huge neon sign over the place that says “Get Your Poontang Here”, but nobody ever seems to find it. One assumes the Tech guys thought we were all lesbians and that it wasn’t worth the drive.