The AIG taxpayer bailout well spent

I’m normally a person who defends the high pay that CEOs get, even when they show up and do a crappy job. This, OTOH, is just ridiculous. Your company is in a shambles, thanks you your bad management, you’ve just gotten a bailout package, now is the time for you executives to earn those big dollars you’ve been paid. I’m talking 100 hour weeks, chinese takeout containers piling up in front of your offices, and a lot of guys in really smelly, rumpled, designer suits.

This is what I expect from top executives that are pulling down millions per year, not hundreds of thousands of the company’s dollars blown on a fancy retreat.

That’s just the thing. I can’t believe that these people are so colossally stupid that they don’t realize how this looks. It’s like they’re gleefully showing off their evil greed.

How about we push them out of a plane at 10,000 feet and see how well their golden parachutes work.

Can we throw in a golden shower for as an added bonus?

Even if it was already paid for, and they could not get any of it back, going there looks downright despicable.

Time to storm the Winter Palace, methinks.

What do you think the word “responsibility” means to Mr. Fuld? It doesn’t seem to involve accountability.

What, no $5,000 an hour hookers? These poor bastards are suffering, I tell ya.

That didn’t work out well for the last folks who tried it. Bloody Sunday/ Russian Revolution of 1905

When Robert Mugabwe hands out the nation’s assets to his friends he is a brutal tyrant. When we do it here it is saving capitalism.

At least maybe this will provide another chance to see the effectiveness of trickle down economics. There’s a whole bunch of Monarch Beach strippers who have extra cash now.

Maybe we could, oh, I don’t know, make them pay higher taxes?

Oh wait, McCain thinks that’s a bad idea.
(Tax the rich. What was I thinking?)

Let’s just eat the fuckers

You’re talking about the wrong event-you want the October Revolution.

Yeah, but it was a start in the right direction.

If the rooms came to $200,000 and meals came to $150,000 - that’s 3/4ths as much spent on meals as on rooms. What the hell were they eating? If you were staying in a room that was $100/night, I can see spending $75 on food for the day. But $750? How much of a surcharge can there be for room service?

The spa charges - well, that’s just the cherry on top, really. While nowhere near as much was spent on the spa as on food, at least people can say they HAVE to eat. Were these people all so worn out from taking billions of taxpayer dollars that nothing could get accomplished until everyone had a massage?

But, but but …

If you don’t pay high salaries, how are you going to get the best to be your CEOs.

(The financial lobbying group was actually still using this argument during the bailout negotiations, which takes even more balls than going to this resort.)

BTW, I pit the guy at Lehman’s who threw the punch - for not dropping the barbell on Fuld’s pointy little head.

I bet it wasn’t food, it was hundred dollar a bottle wines and liquors. You can drop big bucks on that very easily.

$100 wine?

$2000+ per bottle is what these people drink!

Hey. It’s AIG’s money and they can do whatever the hell they want to do with it! Who the hell cares if they take a trip to California? Sheesh.

I predict a long, leisurely audit of these people. Preferably with something barbed.

Me too. I am also hoping that a naked Scarlett Johansson will park a Ferrari in my driveway.