The most winningest cities in sports

And yet they had an exponentially better season than the Pacers did this year…and this was the closest the Pacers have sniffed to the playoffs in a good 5 or 6 years

Yes it is.

:smack:That does nothing to refute the fact that the Bruins are NOT perenially good.

Well, since it’s since 2000, not surprising. All four of the baseball and football teams (Raiders, 49ers, Athletics and Giants) peaked around 2002/2003 and have been in a drought ever since. And the Warriors have perennially sucked for a long time.

Starting with 2004, there have only been two playoff appearances by a Bay Area team (A’s in 2006 and Warriors in 2007). San Jose Sharks have been great in the last few years but get left out because they’re technically in San Jose, which has no second team.

No it isn’t.

Actually, it is. Sad to say, but true.

1. Boston (even though the Celtics weren’t good until last year) Kind of an easy pick, I think. Celts (last year), Pats, Sox and even the Bruins. Yeah, it has to be Boston.

ETA: Indy!? WTF!? No hockey or baseball unless they’re including the “professional” franchises Indianapolis Ice and Indianapolis Indians. Their sample size is too small. Boston risks twice as much.

You have to be licking your chops this year.

I’m guessing Kansas City is dead last. :frowning:

Huh…Cincinnati was worse? I’ll be darned. The Royals lost 100 games 4 times this decade, despite their one winning season in 2003, the Reds have to have been better…and I know the Bengals suck, but the Chiefs haven’t been anything to write home about. I guess the Bengals were that much worse. Well, I’m not complaining, it’s ever so slightly less embarrassing.

All of those cities have two (if not more) soccer/football teams.

As for Cleveland not getting a championship since 1948, the Browns actually won the NFL title in 1950, 1954, 1955 and 1964. Not Super Bowls, but championships still.

To be fair to the Pacers:

2000: NBA Finals
2001: Lost First Round
2002: Lost First Round
2003: Lost First Round
2004: Lost Conference Finals
2005: Lost Conf. Semi Finals
2006: Lost First Round
07-09: Did not make playoffs

Which is head and shoulders above the Bruins. But the fact we’re making the comparison and completely out-of-hand ignoring the Celtics and Red Sox makes these rankings a joke.