The Rolex repair ripoff and the wuss (me)

I went to Goodmans in Madison. I thought about bring it to the Middleton place, but since I was already in more than $600 to the Madison one, I felt I had to push them into making it work. Which they ultimately did by sending it back to Rolex and not using their own guy who had already screwed it up twice.

The Goodmans website says their repair guy is Rolex certified, and I was also a bit concerned that this same guy might be working at both places. I didn’t find out if this is true or not. Goodmans puts his name on their website, but the Middleton one (Chalmers?) doesn’t.

You can contact Rolex about sending it directly back to them – I don’t know how that would compare in cost. Goodman’s paid whatever Rolex charged them, and I didn’t see a bill. Goodman’s charged a little over $600 for an “overhaul”.

I should say that as problematic as it was Goodman’s did actually make good on their screwups, but it took for fucking ever. If something like this happens again, I’m gonna try and get a loaner watch for use while I wait.