The Teeming Minions Fantasy League

You should be afraid. Okay not really. But give me a break. I don’t think I’m going to finish 19 out of 20. I’m sure I’ll be changing my roster before too long. The first week or two I like to sit back and see how everyone is performing.I’ll add and drop players at that point.I’ve made the mistake of panicking too soon previous years.

Smug. And, he’s preparin’ for battle with ya’.

Satan sez:

I suppose my team is so laughable as to not even merit notice?

Terrell Davis, although coming back off an ACL injury, looks incredibly strong. His ability is matched only by Omni’s ego. I have to go with his history on this. Terrell’s, not Omni’s.

Mike Alstott doesn’t get the yardage, but is the Go-To guy on the goal line.

I dunno, I like my tandem of Duce Staley and whomever else I have (hey, it’s 6am, and I’m heading back to sleep posthaste).

DUCE! EAGLES! CROWS!

Yesterday was a good day. :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to a bye week table for the NFL this year. I had a really hard time finding one this year, so I decided to post it. I think there are a few people in the league new to FF(if not then this was unnessesary) so you might want to look ahead, just to make sure you are prepared so you don’t have a week where all your recievers are off together.

http://www.fftoday.com/wksheets/bye_weeks.htm

I hope this doesn’t piss off anyone who was trying to sneak a few victories in by opponents miscalculations, but since this is a non-money for-fun league, I don’t want anyone inexperienced to lose games cause they didn’t realize to prepare.

Very cool, wolf…hell, we do that in my for-money league. We also give warning at the draft if a player is out for the year.

But anyway…YES! Victory one chalked up on my way to the Super Bowl… :slight_smile:

That I’d like to see. Griese has a good arm, but good enought to throw from Denver to wherever the Ravens are playing? And my RB core is weak. I went with Donnell Bennett because last year KC had the #4 rushing attack in the NFL, but Gunther Cunningham, damn his hide, likes to do a by committee approach. And unless Issac Bruce has an insane night tonight, you beat me in week one, you slug.

Falcon: Send a “Thank You” card to the Dallas defense; except for them, I might’a had you!

Um, are you HIGH??? I’m beating you by 12 points, and my QB is playing right now. Even the Dallas D couldn’t help you! :slight_smile:

Posted by Omni

I agree with your league synopsis Omni except for my team is not a good team. My team needs help.

My RB’s (Antoine Smith and Biakabatuka) will only approach the 600 yd mark at best. My WR’s are questionable and well past their prime. I don’t expect too many TD’s from this group.

The computer picked some weird ones for me; I wish I could have attended the draft. (What pick was I?) I wanted McNair and I rated Janikowsi high - [whine] but I didn’t get any of the other players I wanted. [/whine]

All solid trade offers will be considered.

Why the “Power Rankings” have me listed fifth is a mystery to me.
I predict about a ninth or tenth place finish for me, if I’m lucky.

But great league overview Omni!

Mullinator

About your proposed trade… I think this quote regarding the future prospects of Joe Montgomery pretty much says it all:

Having said that, I will entertain any reasonable offer. I know it’s early, but New Orlean’s defense looked quite respectable on Sunday; they would have made 14 points if they had started, by my count. Anyone out there in need of defensive help (other than me, but I’m hoping the Ram’s D yesterday was a fluke)?

While I am 1-0 and better than half of the people in this league, I desperately need running back help. There’s this 10 year old playinginthe pee wee leagues here, but I can’t seem to find his name on the free agent list. He would be a world better than some of the stiffs I have.

Somebody throw me a bone on this one.

My problem is is that running back is probably my weakest area (in the long run) as well. With my new starting line up of Wheatley and Richardson I have two guys who are currently healthy and currently starting for their teams, and that’s about the best that can be said about them. My third RB, Micheal Bates, is a good return man, but that doesn’t bring in a lot of points, and he’s not seeing any time in the offense.

checks wierddaves name off his hit list

One down, 13 to go. Wow, look at all these running backs I have. I wonder what kind of reciever talent they might fetch on the open market.

Well, I probably should have lost, considering that my opponent got -2 points from Aikman, but Daunte Culpepper was the man and singlehandedly won that game for me. My supposedly awesome receiver corps didn’t do dick for me. I kept yelling for Daunte to throw it to Moss (double points!), but did he listen to me?

But Culpepper did okay for a 3rd round pick…

Why, yes I am. And I was high when I pre-ranked my players for the draft, obviously.

Actually, I’m just making excuses. C’mon… you WON the game–allow me at least a little sore-loserspeak! Chandler played so well in the early game (17+ points) that I was sure that would give me the edge. Alas! The lackluster playing of the rest of my team–sealed by the abysmal Dallas game–simply caused Chandler’s effort to be for naught. Congrats on a fantasy game well fantasy played!

Oh, well… it’s still early in the season; there’s hope for the Drop-outs yet.

But why on earth do you need receivers when “Those Bears will be 1000 yard guys, and both Hilliard and Edward should play every down completing my third spot?”

I took out Smug. Mr. Cynical is next…

Yer pal,
Satan

I HAVE BEEN SMOKE-FREE FOR:
Four months, three weeks, six days, 18 hours, 25 minutes and 30 seconds.
5990 cigarettes not smoked, saving $748.84.
Extra life with Drain Bead: 2 weeks, 6 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes.

Well, after last night’s Broncos-Rams game I went from 22 pts to 61.81. Thank you Rod Smith and Olandis Gary!!! I also moved up 6 spots.
Oh, and Iam, I TOLD you that Gary would get a chance to play, guess I right.
MrC, maybe you should have given me Davis when you had the chance. :wink:

Fuck me sideways.
Just found out Gary is out for the year.
Fuck fuck fuck
Fuck.

Okay, now that Whammo’s out of the way, anyone else dare attempt to lure Anniz from me? :slight_smile:

Joey, you’re next…