The thread police - get a life

That is a very intelligent opinion Velma and one that might make one pause for thought…thank you for raising the standard of the SDMB.

You’re welcome. Now with that done,

:flashes the thread:

Don’t you think the main reason the thread police (jarbabyj being an excellent example) are so damn annoying to some people, is because they hit the nail right on the head? :wink:

So Jar
How are you doing?

:wink:

Ooh, look! A fire extinguisher lying about a Pit thread, how handy!

Well duh - it’s for all the flaming!

How you doin?

I know I shouldn’t, and this would be my first time, but Band Name?!?

GASP! Is that a cleverly disguised flirtation? Call the thread police!!! AAARRRGH!

Thanks to this thread, I can’t get damn Cheap Trick outta my head.

"'Cause they’re waiting for me
Looking for me
Every single night
(They’re) driving me insane
Those men inside my brain…

:o

On the one hand, I agree with jarbabyj.

On the other hand, damn, girl, you are lookin’ fine! Mmmm-MMM! Me so horny!

Well, personally, I think that if the person who said she wants to have vaginal intercourse with my boyfriend seems to have an issue with the sex threads, she may have a point. :smiley:

?? Okay … do you want to elaborate on that? or will this turn into a TMI?

Isn’t a person who starts a thread to pit someone for having no life someone who needs to get a life her/himself?

The thread.

YEah I had one on order but it was out of stock. Until then I have to life my life vicariously by criticizing others’ stupidity.

Can someone just explain, in a clear, calm fashion, exactly what is so offensive about flirting in MPSIMS threads? Because, with one exception that I know of, no one seems to complain about it happening in Pit threads. Yes, it’s somewhat different; it’s light-hearted and friendly, whereas what I’ve seen of Pit flirting tends to be caustic and sarcastic. But, it’s the same thing.

Do the Pitizens really think they’re any less offensive, when they do it, just because no one stomps into their threads and calls them disgusting? Or, is it just okay for them to do it, but not for others?

Oh got it so jabberjar doesn’t mind the sex part as long as it is spelled out in plain and no uncertain terms and in no way includes any innuendo. Got it.

Well this has been fun gang I really enjoyed the prickly convo this afternoon I was feeling very bitchy and wanted to engage.

Sorry to jabybaby - it’s really nothing personal you just stepped in when I felt like poking fun at someone. I’d love to continue but my life just came in and i am on my way to a naked twister game so I gotta’ jet.

I’ll be back tomorrow if anyone wants to complain about me complaining about them complaining…or something like that.

Ciao and don’t keep your chastity belt locked down too tight.

But it’s on fire, too…

To me, the objections primarily appear to be to the amount of flirting. It appears that there is much more flirting in MPSIMS than in the Pit as a function of total number of threads in each forum. This is to be expected. However, over time, people come to expect that a certain percentage of threads in MPSIMS and the Pit will be flirt threads. When that percentage is greatly exceeded, people may begin to think there is too much flirting. It appears that that percentage, which is higher in MPSIMS than in the Pit, has been exceeded in MPSIMS, but not in the Pit.

Some people have a higher tolerance for flirting than others. My tolerance for such is fairly low. Oh well, I just have to deal with it. However, once the percentage of flirting exceeds the tolerance of most, it might not be bad to go flirt at other venues. (IM? Email?)