This guy's face creeps me the hell out

I don’t know what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting THAT !!! He has got to be the most frightening human I have ever seen that isn’t downright deformed! :eek:

I sure as hell wouldn’t want to run into him in a dark alley.

Ummm…no I don’t think so.

He looks like an artist’s caricature out of The New Yorker (or some such) magazine.

You know, there are a million other pictures of Filner up on Google, and none of them look anywhere near as bad as that one (his official portrait!) That is a terrible, terrible portrait. He really is not that freakish looking of a guy, outside of that one photo. It looks like maybe it was taken at very close range with a wide angle lens, distorting the facial features.

I think we should get a petition underway to have his portrait photo re-taken! Hell, I’ll do it for free, if they’ll just pay for the film processing.

Ya know I think you’re onto somethin’. Use Photoshop to replace his hair with snakes and you’d have a darn fine Gorgon. Never mind that the Gorgons were female.

I couldn’t agree more about Coulter. And you’re right about the cartoon. Would you say his face looks a little like a caricature of George Burns in his younger days?

He’s not nearly as ugly a human as Sam is an ugly dog.

Film processing? Are you visiting us from 1982? :confused:

I am not yet certain that Ann Coulter is female.
She has an Adam’s apple for Og’s sake!

Here’s where to find fake smiles good old Gord. former UK Prime Minister.

Ieks. Oddly, his face in the OP’s picture is one of the most symmetrical I’ve ever seen. Usually symmetry makes a face look nicer, but in here it works to make it more uncanny.

Google has many other picturesof him. In this picture he looks quite normal, sympathetic even. I wonder wat posessed him, and his PR people to make the OP’s picture his official portrait.

I know you meant this as a lighthearted joke, but it’s actually a pretty mean swipe at trans women; implying they aren’t “real” women. It is my understanding that Ann Coulter is cisgender, but even if she were trans, she would be no less a woman than any other. I’m not trying to call you out, these are really common jokes. But I thought you might re-think telling them if you realized there are people who are hurt by them. :slight_smile:

When Ann Coulter starts worrying about whether her words hurt anyone, we can start thinking about whether our words hurt her. IOW – never.

It’s not about Ann Coulter. Ann Coulter is a cisgender woman. It’s about the implication that trans-women are “less than” and that being trans is something shameful and humorous. It’s about not hurting the feelings of transgender women, who have to endure a lot of slurs and discrimination.

It’s not okay to use transphobic language because you are insulting someone “bad”. Just like I wouldn’t call Herman Cain the n-word. Just because he’s an asswipe doesn’t make racist language ok.

I’m not trying to put anyone on the defensive or say you’re all a bunch of assholes. It’s something people do in speech a lot, and mostly without considering who it might hurt. I think this board is better than that though, and I think if people realize what they are saying, and who they might be hurting, they will re-think their choice of words.

As tempting as it is, here at Post #3x whatever, to say something positive just to break the trend, I just can’t do it. You’ve heard the expression “so-and-so’s looks would back a dog off a meat truck”? This picture needs to placed next to wherever that expression is listed, as evidence.

What exactly is phobic about this statement? Is uncertainty phobic?

Ann Coulter identifies as a woman. There is no doubt about that. Therefore, the implication is that, if she were born with male genitalia (hence the Adam’s apple) she would no longer be a woman, or wouldn’t be a “real” woman.

That’s the joke. That’s what makes it “funny”. And that is transphobic.

Now, I’m done with this hijack. I was trying to point something out in a friendly way, and I did that, and I’m done.

Oh God. Robert Filner looks like a sociopath that has learned to smile.

James Carville is proof that there really are Reptilian humanoids in the upper echelons of business and politics, and they’re going to eat us very soon.

He looks like the real-life cartoon people from Spy Kids, but they also look like a particular newspaper cartoon. I can see it in my head, but just can’t place the name. It’s that smile and narrow forehead - it might be called something head?

Alien in a rubber mask.

Why so serious?

I found one of Filner that may be even scarier. I’m definietly going to have nightmares tonight:eek:

Looks like Slugworth from Willy Wonka

Oy! It’s the “smiling” eyes that freak me out.

I agree with Agent Foxtrot, he needs a new picture.