Truth is, indeed, stranger than fiction (cloned puppy lady=sex slave lady)

What’s going to happen to the dogs?

What do you mean saying to you? She told you to your face (on a ski lift)? Sorry, unless I have a direct quote with references, I’m going to assume that you might be confusing Gloria Steinem with Andrea Dworkin, a nasty piece of work who poisoned the feminist movement with her insane declarations. It’s (men can’t get raped) exactly the sort of batshit bullshit thing I would expect Dworkin to say.

Gloria Steinem, on the other hand, is an intelligent sane person who wouldn’t, I can’t imagine, ever say such a thing.

I expect they’ll flee to Canada, using false passports and disguised as deaf-mute mime artistes.

Well, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve had massive brain trauma, and bad cases of heat stroke that have… not helped. Fried the brain I have. So, there is also a bit of ‘Sear-Casm’ between what I ‘remember’ and what actually happened. But, don’t invalidate my experiences because They are not your own. You knew what I was talking about, so there was a grain of truth/meaning in there.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, and meaningless in some sense.
So, I’ll allow the possibility that Ms. Dworkin told me her name was Gloria, to test out some batshit insane theory in a non-verifiable location. Get the male perspective, and push the rapist off the chairlift if he looked funny. I must have taken it well, I lived to tell about it.

I wonder how this would have been handled if it had happened nowadays. It seems to me like she basically got a slap on the wrist for stalking, kidnapping, and raping the guy - but then again, stalking wasn’t a well known phenomenon back then, and I suspect even rape of females probably wasn’t treated as seriously back then as it is now, since back then the feminist ideas that “no means no” and that nobody “asks for it” were probably not as culturally entrenched.
I can definitely believe that the experience was traumatic for the guy. I’m sure that other guys out there have had the experience of dealing with a creepy or socially inept girl who didn’t know when enough was enough and didn’t get the hint to back off. For all he knew, she might have eventually killed him if he hadn’t managed to escape.

I broke the link because it went to a site with pictures that were Not Safe for Work unless you work at Naked Breasts ‘R’ Us.

She didn’t even get a slap on the wrist; she jumped bail before trial.

Really? Really? Are you sure you’ve done enough to make sure the link is unclickable? Perhaps you’d like to align some of it on the other side of the post? Or translate the link into croation and then ROT13 the result. You know, just to be absolutely sure. I sure would hate for someone to accidentally copy and paste all the individual parts of the url together and get totally outraged at the page they didn’t want to go to.

I honestly LOL’d at my own stupidity after reading the OP.
I thought somone had cloned a puppygirl slave!

We may see that yet…

umm…am I the only one who got stuck in the first sentence of this story?
'Cause I just gotta wonder :
Why was the dog named Booger?

Pick of the litter. Everyone nose that!

That would be an odd thing for Gloria Steinem to say, The Sonoran Lizard King. It wouldn’t be typical of her:

Steinem was married for about three years before her husband died. Earlier she was engaged for a while and had several long relationships. I don’t see anythng indicating that she consider all intercourse to be rape. It would be pretty inconsistent with everything else she said and did publicly.

On the other hand, Andrea Dworkin did at times seem to imply that all intercourse is rape:

Dworkin wasn’t very consistent about what she meant by it. Her belief system was kind of a mess in general. In any case, even if we accept that Steinem really did say it to you, we don’t know how to interpret it. Was it a bad day for her? Was she drunk? Did she decide you were gullible, so she decided to screw with your mind? Suppose someone told us that Martin Luther King once told them in private that when he took over control of the country, he would kill all whites. How would we accept that? When someone’s (claimed) private statements differ wildly from their public statements and actions, are we supposed to forget the public behavior and accept only the private behavior?

Classic reporting.

From here:

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Sound like a good idea.

/goes to basement lab/

I knew something was off as soon as I read that the dog was named ‘Booger’.

You leave that retriever alone!

:confused: x 10

Am I being whooshed?

Yes. I’m in a very odd mood. I’m blatantly fucking with you people for my own amusement. I hate to be misunderstood, so I sew confusion, and I’m only such a showoff to cover up how shy I am.

I’ve mistaken Emily Dickenson for Angie Dickenson, for Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Now it’s Dworkin/Steinem, neither

Once I fessed up and apologized. Once I created a preposterous claim to justify my misstatement.

You people have no sense of humor. Have I been pitted yet? I’ve been poking sacred cows, Sticking up for underdog, performing unnatural acts, and subverting the dominant paradigm.

I’m a legend in my own mind, and It’s not easy being meme.

I hope at least some of you find me hysterical, in a Firesign Theatre sort of way.
I’m an odd little fellow with a complicated life, and a rich interior world where they know me.

The Sonoran Lizard King, I’m not sure how to read this. If it’s to be read at face-value, then it’s trolling, against the rules, and you’ll want to avoid any future posts like it. If you really are suffering from some recent medical issues, then perhaps you need to consider taking a break from the board, because posts like your last one tend to disrupt the conversation instead of adding anything to it. If it’s sarcasm, well… I can’t see how it is, but I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt; just shoot me an e-mail and let me know. (I’d rather not hijack this thread any longer.)