TV Shows You'd Like to See Become Movies

The movie isn’t strictly canon. A similar event as happened in the movie happened as backstory to the series but not exactly

A lot of the movie’s mythology was changed for the series. I.E. One Watcher/One Slayer, menstrual vamp-radar… flying Vamps…
I would like to see a big screen version of Mr. Belvedeer.

Yes I am serious.

I almost respected what you were saying, till you said the following:

Thus, I no longer give a damn about the fact that she talked about how she “Kinda, sorta’” burned down the gym at her old school, despite the fact she didn’t do exactly that it in the film. No-way, no-how do I care about the claim that the unproduced original script was canon, and not the actual movie, from now on. :slight_smile:

Oh, and I seem to recall seeing Orson Wells as Mr. Belvedere in the movie version. [suB](In a parody on the Critic, that is.)[/suB]

Deep Space Nine wouldn’t work as a normal movie with the way it was written and how it ended. To keep with the tone it built and to fully resolve all its plot points, you would need something like a mini-series or another half season.

Fitting Sisko’s return, Bajor’s admittance into the Federation, Cardassian Reconstruction , the Dominion’s rebirth, and all the other little details like Rom as Nagus, Worf as Ambassador to the UFP, Kira as the commander of the most important outpost in the Alpha Quadrant, the new Kai on Bajor, and Ezri and Julian as a couple – the things that made DS9 so rich in comparison to the other Trek shows – into a hundred minute movie just doesn’t sound feasible.

The Simpsons.
And I will lay a hurtin’ on somebody if they try to do it live action!
I second *Early Edition * , and would love a Sports Night movie.

Survivor.

No, seriously, this is not a “reality-show-goes-on-a-big-screen” thingy. Rather, it has a predefined script which distills all the fine moments and the cliche things which happens throughout. Like the tough-talking, criticising people are going to get eliminated first and all that things.

Me too! That was a fun show, wasn’t it?

No need for a Buffy movie- just one called WATCHERS & SLAYERS & WICCAS, OH MY! starring ASH, Eliza & Alyson, with James M, Tom Lenk & Mr Alyson as Wesley’s revenant.

Ooooohhh… Good call!

Though a live action Aku would probably give me nightmares :eek:.

Amen to that. When I saw that they’d done “Dukes”, even more horrible ideas came to mind.

The Love Boat aaargh! I saw a tape where the individual story segments were spliced together. It makes no sense!

Twin Peaks
…oh wait, that has been done already

Firefly.
. . .
Woo-hoo!!!

:smiley:

I’ve had an idea kicking around in the back of my head for a “Doctor Who” movie for many years. It was sort of a pipe dream of mine, never expecting it to emerge. Then I read that the series was revived in England with the possibility of making a big-budget movie out of it. Woo-hoo.

“Land of the Lost” ought to be made into a flick. I’d see that.

I’m probably the only person who even remembers this show, but there was an ultra-cheesy, low-budget syndicated tv show in the late 70s called “Starlost” that I thought would make a decent movie.

If it isn’t obvious by now, I am quite a fan of bottom-of-the-barrel Ed Wood level sci-fi extravaganzas.

It’s actually familiar to many people who’ve read the Harlan Ellison essay “Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore”, detailing Ellison’s involvement in the pilot script and it’s subsequent desecration.

Has Ellison ever liked any adaptation of his work?

There was a made-for-TV Doctor Who movie a few years ago. I rather enjoyed it. It wasn’t big-budget by theatrical blockbuster standards, but its budget was obviously larger than that of the TV series.

**Magnum P.I.[/b/. Bring back all the principles - they’re all still alive and, uh, available, after all. Set it in the present, give them a great script, and I’d see it.

Tripping the Rift would be cool as a live action/CGI mix movie.

Who could play Six?

Sitting Pretty (1948)

Your wish will be rewarded.
Simpsons 2008

No