Two foods that just don't go together?

Waaait a minute… Several decades ago, when I was pregnant, My very favorite thing to do was to dip french fries in ketchup, then in a vanilla milkshake. Well, maybe you’re right, it doesn’t sound so good now :rolleyes:

I’ve never understood the apple pie and cheddar cheese combo. Sounds disgusting to me.
I hate pineapple on pizza. Pineapple is sweet and should be dessert.

**Brynda ** and I used to play this game when we were little kids. The absolutely worst combination we came up with was:

Sauerkraut with peppermint candy sauce!

It’s making you queasy, isn’t it?

Actually, cheddar and apples go together very well!
And I’m eating pizza with pineapple on it right this second.

Mashed potatoes and jelly would suck.

Cheetos and coffee.

Mint and cinnamon.

Foie Gras Shortcake

Mayonnaise Jello

Limburger Ice Cream

Eggplant Smoothie

Tongue Chocolate Fondue

Vegemite Coated Twinkies

Chitlin Yogurt

picker, don’t take this the wrong way, but you are one sick bastiche.

I personally have never understood pineapple on pizza. I despise pineapple on pizza. I despise pineapple in any combination with ham.

Swine and pineapple were never meant to be together. In fact, pineapple should never be paired with anything. The only thing it should be paired with is jello and it doesn’t really work to do that.

Pineapple is a solo fruit. Hands down.

My dad puts applesauce on pizza. He’s a bit odd.

Cola and raw cabbage. Trust me on this one. :slight_smile:

Oooo! I just thought of the most horrendous thing! If you have real pork rind snacks (sold in the south) and Mountain Dew together, something chemical must happen or something; it combusts into a nasty evil taste, something along the lines of toothpaste and OJ.

grapefruit and milk - oy!

Back in the grim days of the seventies, lime jello with pears and a ribbon of mayonnaise swirled through it was considered some kind of fancy party dish.

Where’s barfing smiley when we need him?

My additions:

Eggs, especially with runny yolks, and drinking water.
(If you drink the water after eating some of the egg yolk, the water will take on a nasty metallic smell and frequently a metallic taste as well.)
Dark chocolate and oranges
Applesauce and green beans
One of those school lunch combinations that was always just gross.
Mint chocolate chip ice cream and cherry pie

Bananas and Curry Chicken.

I had this dish at a friend of my parents’ house, and it was just bizarre. I wound up mainly eating leftover Hannukah Latkes.

Never, ever, ever, drink burgundy while eating turkey.

There’s a chemical reaction involved that will make it seem like you’re chewing tinfoil.

When we go to Wendy’s some of my co-workers like to dip their french fries into their Frosties. Please, for the love of God, how can this possibly taste good?! My dad comes up with some unpalatable combinations. He sometimes puts pickles in his salads. No way! My mom also likes ketchup wth her eggs, but you’ll never see me doing this.

Circus peanuts and horseradish
Cocktail shrimp and black licorice
Portobello mushrooms and yogurt
Feta cheese and grape jelly
Lobster and bubblegum ice cream

I can do this all day, this is one of my families favorite games…

Cheese and beer.

Apple pie and cheese does sound a little odd (although I suppose the flavour combination is not unlike that of a fruit-topped cheesecake). Fresh apple and cheese eaten together is simply fantastic - a nice crisp Cox and and a wedge of stilton or extra mature cheddar… Mmmm…

I don’t particularly like it either, but pineapple is a common accompaniment to gammon or ham and is most often added to a pizza in conjunction with ham.

It rather amuses me to hear people saying what should and shouldn’t go on a pizza, considering that the dish itself is and has always been highly variable and informal in composition and includes a fair bit of make-it-from-whatever-you-have ethic amongst its diverse origins.

Me and my evil older sister used to sing a song to our little sister to the tune of Noel Coward’s (I think) ‘You’re the cream in my coffee…’

It went:

You’re the mustard in ice-cream, you’re the jam on my cheese etc. :smiley:

When we were kids we used to sometimes dip sausages in strawberry ice-cream when left to our own devices at the ‘kid’s’ table in my Granny’s house. Mmmm. It really was nice but my brothers also used to dip their chips (french fries) in their Fanta which was a step too far in my book :eek:

What? Are you crazy? You obviously haven’t had deep fried Wisconsin cheese curds and a foamy mug of beer.

My contribution to this stomach-twisting thread:

Pickles and peach jelly. Mmm-mmm!